close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

JERSEY FEVER -- Who's Got IT???

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by LoveGlocks, May 21, 2002.

1. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I have GSSF Jersey Fever... just like GlockMom and FireGlock!

Who's got the Fever???

2. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Is there a KOA out there? Probably not, its Jersey. They don't even have enough space for their trash. LOL Seriousy, is there a campground out there? My map program can't find Jackson New Jersey. I know Jersey is a small state but come on.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Sniper, look for Cassville.

4. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I don't have ANY GSSF fever let alone Jersy, and I belong to the club that runs the match.

But, to answer you question there is a KOA campground less than 10 minutes from the range. I don't know the name of the road that it is on, but it is right around the corner.

5. THE VOID

THE VOID

But none of my pals can make the trip with me. And my wife is not too interested. Anyone here want share a ride with me? TJC, I got on the NJ State police web site looking for laws of transport to the state. I found transport laws, hollowpoint laws and Assult weapons laws. Any other considerations for us traveling up there? I once heard that you can't bring hi-caps. Any help on the topic is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Dayton

6. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Void,

Weapons and ammo should be seperate and in the trunk area if you have one. If not, in the back of SUV's. Hollowpoints are NOT illegal unless you are committing another crime and use them.
    Any magazine holding more than 15 rds. is illegal in NJ. There are a few exceptions but pistol mags do not apply. If in possesion of a mag that holds more than 15 rds. it is an offense that carrys a fine and up to I believe 18 months in jail.
    They can be blocked, but this is a grey area open to interpretation. If the mag is not readily able to be converted back it is legal with the block. Glock actually makes blocks for the 17 mags that limit it to 15 rds.

Hope this helps. I still don't have any fever!

7. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

I escaped from NJ over twenty-five years ago and have no intention of ever going back. But I still remember my way around, as it was crucial to my successful escape. Jackson is one town south of Freehold. It is in Central NJ, and is Exit 8 off of the NJ Turnpike. On a map, find Trenton, and then start looking due East.

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Hey TJC;
    I have a stainless steel ICE cold Rectal Thermometer that will detect even the slightest fever. Would you like to borrow it?;f ;f ;f :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just couldn't resist; the temptation was just too much for me.:eek: :eek: :eek:

9. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

I just tried the KOA webpage and no KOA campgrounds. If you find the name of this one, pass it on.

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I'm losing some of my fever after reading Don@PC's post... got any TW25B to go with that Therm?

11. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

LoveGlocks;
    I almost forgot. However these therms are soooooooo cold that the TW25 probably wouldn't be needed.;g ;g ;g

12. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I took some Tylenol and my FEVER is gone now... Bring that Therm to the match just in case we need to administer first aid for high fevers! ;u

13. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Well can say I WE will not be going there now! to many STUPID USELESS LAWS that only hurt the honest guy and I do not need anybody calling my girlfriend in JAIL>

14. GJM89

GJM89

There is some type of campground on Rt. 537 in the area of Six Flags Great Adventure, it's somthing like Yogi Bear, or Bear somthing, if your really interested I'll contact the local PDs and find out for you. ;e ;e

15. THE VOID

THE VOID

16. on target

on target

Sniper 7.62 hey man don't be fooled, things in Jersey aren't that bad. The way you transport guns is the same as if you were traveling from state to state, you have to do that anyway. So come on up and Russ and I will be looking forward to seeing you.

17. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

No it isn't. My CHL is good for most states in my area, and I can legally carry a loaded and concealed handgun with > 15 rounds from state to state (over 1000 miles). In NJ, I cannot do this, and I cannot even bring my >15 rounders into NJ.

Unfortunately, you have lived under tyranny so long, you are not aware of what it is like for those of us in the freer portions of the US. If you want, I can e-mail you my escape plans from 25 years ago. :)

18. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

15 round mags are legal in NJ. 17 round mags are not.

19. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Hey guys, relax, we're talking about a match. Void asked and TJC answered. Nobody has to move there to shoot the match! :) Renegade, there are lots of states with laws I don't care for, they make Florida look very good. And as for states where your CCL is good in, we have matches in VA, SC, and NC and they don't have reciprocity with FL. Sniper, go shoot, have a good time, come home. Just leave the hi-caps home.

20. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

On target, See if you can talk Glockmom into going and we will see if we can make it but I will need to leave my 17 rounders at home with my hollow points :(.