close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jerk journalist trash talks Firefighters

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Fire1, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Fire1

Fire1

Hey everyone. I just wanted to vent about a journalist who has been trash talking the fire departments where I used to volunteer. This jerk even helped take away the boot drive for MS because he was inconvienced. I will admit that many of the issues he states are serious but by no means should be used to say every firefighter is childish.

Sorry for the rant I'm just a little PO'd. As usual his paper prints only half truths to make the most sensation and if it means spreading disinformation so be it. Anyway here is the story: http://www.theday.com/article/20100116/ENT07/301169920

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. trifecta

trifecta

Guess he tried to get hired and couldn't? The situations discussed, if true, are unacceptable. Sorry, that includes fill the boot. I do them myself, but if it really created that traffic jam... Looks like he went back almost 10 yrs to whine about stuff. I read many of the comments on his article and he didn't seem real popular with the community. Maybe the paper will get rid of him and he can crawl back to his sad, bitter life.

3. Rescue9

Rescue9

It's sad that people write posts like this just for spite. There apparently was no reason for the article other than to bash others. Had there been some reasoning for change, that would have been a different story. However, as children do, they often strike out at what they don't understand.

4. Tvov

Tvov

Well, I thought those town names looked familiar! As trifecta posted, the writer went back years to collect stories from different towns, cities, and departments, and put them all together... for what reason, I am not sure. ANY organization or group will look bad if you collect info/stories from years or decades and compact them into one article. I don't really know what he is trying to accomplish... sounds more like he was just pissed about being in a traffic jam (which wasn't caused by the firefighters by the way, they just set up during normal rush hour... and they were not collecting for their own department, but for for MS).

5. DTLarson

DTLarson

6. MattHappyTrails

MattHappyTrails

The author avoids saying anything about disciplinary actions taken for any of these unacceptable behaviors. It is like complaining about last Winter's snow in July. It is over; it melted; it is gone. Write something constructive for the community instead of partially treating past actions by a few.

7. cneale85

cneale85

A rotten apple can spoil the bunch. Maybe his only interaction with firefighters was with the few that act very cocky and entitled.

8. ctfireman

ctfireman

The sad thing is that these are the complete strangers that we risk our lives for..........and will continue to do so.

9. shootinMedic

shootinMedic

What a ******. We all know well and good every service has its bad eggs but this guy has some sort of issue with the fire service. One day he or a family member will have to utilize the fire dept and will see how selflessly those men and women work. Hopefully that will change his ignorant way of thinking.

10. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

Fire1

Are you on Corpus or Annaville?

11. Brucev

Brucev

Why would anyone be surprised at anything he might think or write? He is after all a "journalist." Use his employers newspaper to wrap fish. Also contact fellow firemen and send hand written letters along with of course e-mails, etc., to the advertisers who support the newspaper which employs this "journalist." Money talks. See if they get the message.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010