Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 2 kits from one seller and one of the kit has information about which caliber it is for, printed on the pouch. Other kit ordered was for 9 mm, .38 but has separate sheet of paper that says - “For all Calibers”. And the cleaning patches that came with it are small.

I ordered another j dewey pistol kit for .22 lr pistols from different seller and it also has paper that says this -“For all calibers” and the cleaning patches that came with it are huge, too big for .22lr pistols, I guess they might be suitable for .45 acp or for bigger calibers!

i am confused.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cut the larger patches into smaller patches. I don't buy kits. I buy the brushes, jags and patches I need. Muzzle guard for pistols lolz!
That is not the point. What i am asking is did i get the correct kits. Which kit is for which calibers? Why are those 2 kits saying - for all calibers, Which is impossible.

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
That Dewey stuff is good quality. Seeing as how you got two, you probably got a lot of applications covered. No kit, or "kits" can have everything you need, but you're off to a good start.
Maybe the labels got switched or something?
I don't know what's going on with our workforce, trash pickup has been gooffed up for three weeks. We have holidays now and a lot of workers are still asleep ten days later. I assure you the Chinese ain't sleepin' til King Day.

·
NRA & SAF mbr
4,879 Posts
I ordered 2 kits from one seller and one of the kit has information about which caliber it is for, printed on the pouch. Other kit ordered was for 9 mm, .38 but has separate sheet of paper that says - “For all Calibers”. And the cleaning patches that came with it are small.

I ordered another j dewey pistol kit for .22 lr pistols from different seller and it also has paper that says this -“For all calibers” and the cleaning patches that came with it are huge, too big for .22lr pistols, I guess they might be suitable for .45 acp or for bigger calibers!

i am confused.
I'm confused, too... by your post. Where did you buy your kits? I get mine directly from Dewey.

Just recently (a week ago), I placed an order for some brushes and patches (for my pistols) and a 12-ga shotgun cleaning kit. Unfortunately, the box was crushed in shipping, and the 12-ga shotgun cleaning rod got bent. I sent them an email, and they quickly emailed me back indicating that a new rod was on the way.

As for .22-caliber... Yeah.. you need a .22-specific patch for those. Anything bigger will get stuck. "One-size-fits-all" pistol patches may work for 9-mm, .40, or .45-ACP. But, for .22, you're going to need something smaller (along with a smaller jag).

Dewey makes good stuff, and I've had good service from them when buying direct.

·
NRA Life Member
71,747 Posts

i am confused.
Don't buy square cleaning patches. I use the Army's patches when they issue them, but even the free ones aren't as good as cut-up T-shirt cloth. That's why you can buy bags of cut-up T-shirt cleaning patches at Walmart and other places. They are far better than those little square patches from Hoppes and others. However, not matter what kind of patches you use, your gun cleaning kit needs a pair of scissors for cutting them to size.

Dewey makes great rods, but a cleaning kit is assembled, not bought in a single kit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't buy square cleaning patches. I use the Army's patches when they issue them, but even the free ones aren't as good as cut-up T-shirt cloth. That's why you can buy bags of cut-up T-shirt cleaning patches at Walmart and other places. They are far better than those little square patches from Hoppes and others. However, not matter what kind of patches you use, your gun cleaning kit needs a pair of scissors for cutting them to size.

Dewey makes great rods, but a cleaning kit is assembled, not bought in a single kit.
Army cleaning patches? Who sells them? cut up t shirt cleaning patches at walmart? Never saw them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

What are the normal standard sizes of patches used for different calibers?
for .22 lr, for 9mm/.38/357 for other calibers?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
You should not be all axle-wrapped over this simple stuff.
Either :

1) Grab your item numbers (or SKU) and then go to the Dewey website and see what you have.

2) Or call/email Dewey with your items numbers in hand.

Cleaning kit makers put together combo kits to try to best serve different shooter's needs.
There are different classes of kits.
Sounds like you doubled up.

·
Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!
2,454 Posts
@Desertlover
Dewey products are top shelf and the answers you are getting are correct even if you do not like them.

The 22 caliber rod will fit all calibers, maybe even 17 HMR.
You just need to change tip and patch sizes to accommodate the barrel you are cleaning.

·
NRA Life Member
71,747 Posts
What are the normal standard sizes of patches used for different calibers?
for .22 lr, for 9mm/.38/357 for other calibers?
Depends on what kind of jag or eyelet you are using. That's why your kits should include scissors.

These take a small patch, no matter the caliber of the gun:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Go ahead and insult the only person trying to help you. :rolleyes: I'm not the one with the problem. But if I was, the first thing I would do is call them. I'm not confused, you are.
OP, you mentioned that you contacted them.
Apparently you either emailed or texted them,
correct? Why not call them like Hydra-SHOKz
suggested?🙄
Whenever I order Dewey products, I order
directly from them.
I had a question for them once and I got my answer immediately because I called them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts