GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm 70 years old and have always like rock in many forms. I was 13 when the Beatles hit the states and became a big craze. I like blues/electric blues, rock n roll, hard rock. I also like a lot of other music but I don't like rap. As far as jazz, I liked Chuck Magione, and Herb Albert.

So I decided to take a chance when I was looking for an iTunes concert video. I saw Diana and heard Impanina(sp) and was sold so I took a chance. First I bought her Live In Paris album(2002) approx.2 hours(Standard Def, but looks like hi-def) and I just loved the concert. Granted she was a big part of it, she's a knockout beauty and super talented. She's also the coolest kitten I've seen and a whole lot of class to boot. Cost $9.99. Heck I liked the concert so much I bought her Live In Rio concert(2008)approx.2 hours(Standard Def, but also looks Hi-Def). Now I ain't saying I love jazz but I most certainly loved her concerts.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Her small group was backed by orchestra in both concerts. That stand-up bass player was really talented and fun to watch. Later.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Damn hard not to like Diana Krall! I was a hard and classic rock person along with the Blues. I'd go to a Jazz Club on the Central Coast of California back in the 80s just for change of music but in the last couple years I have really got an ear for Jazz.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well I'm 70 years old and have always like rock in many forms. I was 13 when the Beatles hit the states and became a big craze. I like blues/electric blues, rock n roll, hard rock. I also like a lot of other music but I don't like rap. As far as jazz, I liked Chuck Magione, and Herb Albert.

So I decided to take a chance when I was looking for an iTunes concert video. I saw Diana and heard Impanina(sp) and was sold so I took a chance. First I bought her Live In Paris album(2002) approx.2 hours(Standard Def, but looks like hi-def) and I just loved the concert. Granted she was a big part of it, she's a knockout beauty and super talented. She's also the coolest kitten I've seen and a whole lot of class to boot. Cost $9.99. Heck I liked the concert so much I bought her Live In Rio concert(2008)approx.2 hours(Standard Def, but also looks Hi-Def). Now I ain't saying I love jazz but I most certainly loved her concerts. View attachment 853042

View attachment 853044

View attachment 853034

View attachment 853036

View attachment 853038

View attachment 853044

Her small group was backed by orchestra in both concerts. That stand-up bass player was really talented and fun to watch. Later.

Diana Krall is a good singer, but for some reasons her voice doesn't strike a chord with me.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Used to play the occasional gig with a very good sax player who was in his 80s at the time. He always said Diana Krall was the only only woman who could still give him wood :)

Reactions: cyberghostx13

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did not know this girl. Thank you very much.
Well if you have iTunes and you can watch or rent movies then try her Live In Paris Concert2002) approx. 2 hours Standard Def but looks Hi-Def. Cost: $9.99. Have a nice dinner with some fine wine with your significant other, you'll probably have a blast. Later.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Reactions: cyberghostx13
1 - 20 of 25 Posts