Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The couple of places I've been to look at glocks seem to be priced kind of high. I bought my NIB 19 with night sites at Shooters on University for $549 when they were having a sale, normally they're $600.

I have a range membership at Gun Gallery on Beach and checked out a 20 after I was done at the range and they wanted $600 with fixed sights +$50 for night sights.

Another store around here lists the 20 with fixed sights at $589.

Lots of people post about the great prices their local stores have I'm just kinda curious why Jax is different, not like it's a podunk town or somethin.

Is the only way to get a decent deal on what I want to buy online and use them as my FFL? I'd rather not do this as I'd like to foster a relationship with my local store. Meh I dont mind payin a little extra anyways. Just ranting.

·
Senior Moment
2,989 Posts
What they want and what they'll take are two different things. The sticker is normally MSRP. Most of the guys will deal. If they won't, walk. There's a little shop down in Middleburg if you need an FFL transfer. Don't know what his counter prices are like, but he'll get you whatever you need. Good guy.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Yeah, I've always dealt with Shooters since I got my ccw and got into guns four years ago. I'm not a big haggler (I know I should), but I hear guys bargaining every time I'm in there, so you give that a shot if you haven't already. I used to go in there more often than now a few of the guys were pretty knowledgeable and I was always satisfied with how they'd like install night sight and such. The economy's so shaky I try a little bargaining myself.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats the place in MB?

Thanks for the advice guys. I just dont think $650+ is fair for a 20C with NS.

·
Senior Moment
2,989 Posts
Whats the place in MB?

Thanks for the advice guys. I just dont think $650+ is fair for a 20C with NS.
Oh HELL no!

Gimme a minute....

ETA: A 1 Guns & Ammo, located in Middleburg at 5089 County Road 218, phone (904) 282-4226.

Sorry, couldn't remember the name of the place. Ask for Mitch. There are some yoyos working there (it IS a gun store, after all!). Not open on Monday/Sunday. Even if he can't meet what you want for a price, find what you want on the 'net. He's one of the few around that will do an FFL transfer for a good price.

·
Jeep Pirate
625 Posts
I have had fairly poor luck locally buying new guns. I've found some good prices on used guns at the various stores. Gun Gallery has never even been close on new prices. Shooters seems to run good sales. St Nicholas seems to be hit or miss, but this is where I've made the majority of my purchases. I will buy online but after you pay $25 shipping and $30 FFL, your good deal is not nearly so sweet. None of the bigger stores have wanted to receive guns for a fair fee.

·
Senior Moment
2,989 Posts
I have had fairly poor luck locally buying new guns. I've found some good prices on used guns at the various stores. Gun Gallery has never even been close on new prices. Shooters seems to run good sales. St Nicholas seems to be hit or miss, but this is where I've made the majority of my purchases. I will buy online but after you pay $25 shipping and $30 FFL, your good deal is not nearly so sweet. None of the bigger stores have wanted to receive guns for a fair fee.
I hear ya. Unfortunately, I know longer have friends that work at the various stores. :crying: It's really a matter of doing your homework, knowing what is reasonable, and what you are willing to pay. If they can't/won't do what you want, walk.

Have to remember that local shops CAN'T sell a gun for the prices you see on the inet from guys that don't have overhead/employees/city,state,local taxes to pay on their bidness.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh HELL no!

Gimme a minute....

ETA: A 1 Guns & Ammo, located in Middleburg at 5089 County Road 218, phone (904) 282-4226.

Sorry, couldn't remember the name of the place. Ask for Mitch. There are some yoyos working there (it IS a gun store, after all!). Not open on Monday/Sunday. Even if he can't meet what you want for a price, find what you want on the 'net. He's one of the few around that will do an FFL transfer for a good price.
Ya I was out running errands at lunch for work and saw a bumper sticker for that place said something about being in control, I figured that was the one you guys were talking about.

·
Jr Member
2,800 Posts
What they want and what they'll take are two different things. The sticker is normally MSRP. Most of the guys will deal. If they won't, walk. There's a little shop down in Middleburg if you need an FFL transfer. Don't know what his counter prices are like, but he'll get you whatever you need. Good guy.
You mean A1 or Middleburg Pawn? A1 seems to be a better place to do business with, but I have brought from the other one. There's a place in Waldo though that beats everyone hands down on transfers. It was either $20 or 25 (I think $20) for up to three guns and that includes the call in.

·
Jr Member
2,800 Posts
If you used to buy at St Nicks alot I've probably sold you something before. Paul (the owner) can be moody as hell. Thats why its hit and miss.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have to remember that local shops CAN'T sell a gun for the prices you see on the inet from guys that don't have overhead/employees/city,state,local taxes to pay on their bidness.
Ya but they dont have to bend me over either, unless they keep some vaseline around, then it's ok.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You mean A1 or Middleburg Pawn? A1 seems to be a better place to do business with, but I have brought from the other one. There's a place in Waldo though that beats everyone hands down on transfers. It was either $20 or 25 (I think $20) for up to three guns and that includes the call in.
Spend $20 in gas just to get there and back, heh, not to mention the speed traps.

·
Senior Moment
2,989 Posts
A1. He did a friend of mine a good turn on a transfer. Don't mind giving him a bump. He worked at GunGallery for years, and always did me right. I live too far away to make it worth my while to go there, unfortunately.

From what my same friend tells me, Middleburg Pawn isn't a bad place to do business either.

·
Jr Member
2,800 Posts
A1. He did a friend of mine a good turn on a transfer. Don't mind giving him a bump. He worked at GunGallery for years, and always did me right. I live too far away to make it worth my while to go there, unfortunately.

From what my same friend tells me, Middleburg Pawn isn't a bad place to do business either.
I bought one from Middleburg pawn. When I went to haggle with the owner he got kinda of grumpy, but we worked out a deal. Maybe he was just having a bad day. One thing he did do that I liked is get on the internet aution sites to check the going price. (it was a discontinued gun)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've bought several guns from Shooters, never paid what the sticker said. My experience with them is that they are very interested in making a sale an will work with you within reason. I bought my G19 just before they moved from the Donut Shop, if I recall it was $469 NIB.

I would also check out DGG Tactical as well over off Blanding. They have a very limited selection (it's mostly a tactical clothing/accessory store), but they do carry a small stash of Glocks and will definetly work with you on price. They are building me an AR here very soon :supergrin:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've purchased 2 Glocks and a SA XD45 (with thumb safety) from Shooter's and they are great to deal with. I've been to the other shops and no one compares to their prices. I've been to gun shows and other 'sales' in town and then go to Shooter's and find their prices are better everyday.

Also, with the sales volume, I think the manufacturers give them first choice on some items. When I bought the XD45, I called SA and they said that the thumb safety version wouldn't be out for a couple more weeks...but when I went to Shooter's a couple days later, they had a couple in stock on sale for $479!! I bought it on the spot. They are my first choice for guns and supplies.

·
Senior Moment
2,989 Posts
I've never had a problem at Shooter's. I just hang around until I can speak directly to Eddie or his kid. Doesn't hurt that I can throw a rock and hit the parking lot, either!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I've never had a problem at Shooter's. I just hang around until I can speak directly to Eddie or his kid. Doesn't hurt that I can throw a rock and hit the parking lot, either!
Yep, rvrctyrngr, I'll only talk to Tommy (he's been there 4+ years), Eddie, or Mike (youngest guy there, kinda heavy and I believe he's Eddie's bro-in-law) since they've known me for years. Before that, I'd deal, almost exclusively, with Rob who'd been there since the beginning, and had worked at Gun Gallery for years before that, and he was the knowledgeable guy in the shop.

I'm a dumbbell and I don't bargain, but they always give me a sympathy discount and drop down, usually a reasonable amount, off sticker. I'm assuming sticker has a good deal of bargain-room built into it.

·
Senior Moment
2,989 Posts
Yep, rvrctyrngr, I'll only talk to Tommy (he's been there 4+ years), Eddie, or Mike (youngest guy there, kinda heavy and I believe he's Eddie's bro-in-law) since they've known me for years. Before that, I'd deal, almost exclusively, with Rob who'd been there since the beginning, and had worked at Gun Gallery for years before that, and he was the knowledgeable guy in the shop.

I'm a dumbbell and I don't bargain, but they always give me a sympathy discount and drop down, usually a reasonable amount, off sticker. I'm assuming sticker has a good deal of bargain-room built into it.
Tommy is the guy whose name I couldn't remember. Mike is Eddie's son (I believe, but I could be way wrong).

Rob was a GREAT guy! Dealt with him at the Gun Gallery for years....I think I paid for his truck! When he was at Shooter's, he got POd at a deal I got on an AK when he wasn't there....gave me a half a case of ammo to make up for it.

Ran into him a while back. He was doing really well, selling high-end construction equipment.

I'm not much of a haggler, but I won't pay sticker on a gun. I know what I want when I go in, and I'm aware of the going rate (not i-net price). I was a dealer myself for years before Clinton screwed things up. I want them to make their money on a sale, but not necessarily retire on it! :supergrin:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts