Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Millenium #3936
6,654 Posts
Firstly.. this officer is a BA on many levels and I admire the heck out of him.

I think that a good many people try to analyze combat in far too critical a fashion. Combat is made up of many elements and so is winning or losing. Each conflict is a roll of the dice and although certain advantages in training, knowledge, experience, capabilities and position may seemingly tilt many issues in your favor.. happenstance can still be the prevailing factor. It is a miracle that he survived the very first shot. It could have very easily gone the other way and ended right there, but it didn't.

This officer had amazing fortitude and mental grit. He also had the skill to get things done under the worst possible conditions. I don't think this is a JHP/FMJ issue at all and I don't think its a caliber war. I think that people need to reframe from bringing their television and video game ideas of gun fighting into things that are considered "reality". What is described here is a real gun fight between a good guy and a true predator. The take-away here has nothing to do with bullets, it has to do with fighting spirit. You guys who are looking for a fix to this situation are missing the boat in my estimation.

·
Millenium #3936
6,654 Posts
Brother... shooting someone in the foot with a "heavy slow 180gr bullet" can easily be a man stopper. Getting shot just about anywhere can be a man stopper and in most cases,..being shot changes the channels of the attacker. I agree that there is a point where the size and power of a projectile can be a realistic consideration but I think its a mistake to focus narrowly on the fantastical circumstances rather than plain ole common sense. Shot placement is important and so is accepting that human beings are a little more resilient than television and movies often depict. The fight aint over till its over. I wont do any hand wringing over common calibers from .380 and up. I am confident that I can make it work.

Reactions: ELD89
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.