Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
O

One thing that was revealed to me in the video is how the body isn't quickly stopped by bullets that hit non critical areas of the body...adrenaline and mindset are beasts!
This is exactly why I keep preaching high velocity shock producing calibers and ammo. As he said multiple hits with the heavy slow 180gr bullet did little to stop the attack and without a CNS hit this is exactly what would be expected to happen. ONLY a direct hit to the CNS or the shock/energy dump from a fast powerful round (think 357 Mag) will stop a gun fight fast enough to keep you from getting killed.

There were almost 30 shots fired total, if this had happened in a mall or store the chance of a bystander getting shot would have been high while these two blasted away with their slow heavy rounds hoping for a lucky hit.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
What *I* got was, be prepared to shoot, and shoot, and shoot until the target finally stops. If you get a chance to shoot them in a vulnerable part of the head, take it, but don't focus there unless the opportunity presents itself. Don't count on having amazing shot placement in a violent and chaotic confrontation. Overall, stay in the fight no matter what.
What you say is true but my point is there was a lot of shootin goin on. Sure shoot till the threat has ended BUT in the mean time the other guy is doing the same thing and that is the problem. You want to end the fight before the fight ends you, CNS hits or shock and energy dump from a powerful 357 magnum type handgun will more likely end fights before the good guy catches a bullet. Gun fights only last seconds so you want every shot to count... QUICKLY and the 357 Magnum has the reputation of doing exactly that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.