Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
20,217 Posts
Real 60 Series Land Cruisers were everywhere when I lived in Japan 91-93. But what I've been griping about for years is that Australia still gets the 70 Series, and we don't.

But, I just bought a new car and my daughter just started college, so even if a miracle happened (it won't) I've shot my wad for a while anyway.

· Registered
2,335 Posts
The Europeans get all the good stuff. I would love me a diesel HiLux or one of the estate wagons but nope.
If you're willing to accept one more than 25 years old, they're pretty cheap in Latin America and not too difficult to import.

· Registered
5,290 Posts
It's a new vehicle made to look like the old one. I was hoping for something more like this, a new copy of an old design.

· PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
15,042 Posts
When they start making exact copies, complying with the new regs., I'll become interested.
Those Japan -made pick ups from about 85-95 were some of the best motor vehicles ever made...problem for Toyota today is...those old designs were good for 200-400 thousand miles!...they just last too long for profit

· Director of civil unrest
15,133 Posts
Those Japan -made pick ups from about 85-95 were some of the best motor vehicles ever made...problem for Toyota today is...those old designs were good for 200-400 thousand miles!...they just last too long for profit
Yep, kinda like my '97 Silverado. 197,000 mi. and counting.

· Registered
13,895 Posts
Sure the engines were good, but the bodies would rot out in less than 10 years up here in New England.

· NRA4EVR
12,835 Posts
Meh. Now bring back the Gen 1 4runner or the same era pickup (mid-80s, pre-Tacoma) and I’d be perking up. Less weight and more simple.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts