close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jammin glock 22 and how glock made it right

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by unit4610, Feb 7, 2010.

1. unit4610

unit4610

I am a police officer in the Dayton, Ohio area and recently my department purchased some brand new Glocks and issued them as duty weapons. I purchased a Glock 22 in 1999 brand new in the box from the same dealer and it is still going strong today. I sold the old Glock and took the new one out of the box. I always test fire my new guns. Upon test firing the gun, I learned it was randomly misfeeding rounds. I had never had this problem with a Glock. I thought maybe it's just new and the problem will go away. I continued putting rounds through the gun. The problem continued.

I called the dealer and was told to make sure the weapon is lubricated well and clean. The gun fired 100 rounds with no hiccups. Thought I was out of the woods. Wrong the next day it was test fired again and the problem returned. It appeared the Trigger bar assembly was over to close to the bore entry. An armorer bent it slightly to the right and the problem went away. He said he did not have a new trigger bar and to get one asap.

I took the gun to the Dayton Police Glock Armorer and he replaced the trigger bar. We test fired 100 rounds through the gun and it appeared the problem was gone. Not a chance the next day during range fire it started jamming one after another and appeared to get worse. At this point, I was pretty upset and called the dealer again. They told me to drive the gun up to Columbus. So thats what I did.

Once I arrived in Columbus, I explained to the dealer, I am missing work and I have tried everything and anything to have this gun corrected. Furthermore, a new Glock should not be doing this. They took the gun to the back room and said they grinded off some burrs and they may fix the problem. At this point, I was very upset. I told the dealer, this is my duty weapon and I count on it to defend my life on the street. What if I get back to Dayton and it jams again. I told them, I have no confidience in this weapon and want it replaced. They said they could not do that. I asked for the number to Glock and contacted them. They asked me to mail the gun and they could not do anything until they had the gun. I was really getting angry at this point, I told him I have no other gun this is my duty weapon. He provided me a district managers phone number for Glock and told me to call him.

I contacted the district manager for Ohio and explained the situation to him. He said put the dealer on the phone. Then the dealer took my gun and gave me a new Gen4 Glock 22 in the box. It test fires great and no problems. It's a shame I had to go through all that hassle with a new gun, but it can happen.

Since Glock made it right, I will continue to do business with them. Think the gun may have been made on a Monday. Just kidding but what a mess. It started with an NTF serial #

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. jack76590

jack76590

Was the jam with the bullet nose against inside of mag rather than on feed ramp? Curious as I had some jamming glocks. Sold my G22. Also did round chamber if you pulled slide back and released? And did you notice if most jams were in the middle rounds of the mag?

3. blackb0x

blackb0x

Wow... this sounds very similar to some issues that have developed with my G23. I'd love to know what the problem was/is.

4. jack76590

jack76590

Too fast of a slide velocity and frame flex issues or lack of frame flex seems to be the most common and I think most creditable explanations. But why some glocks have problems and other do not still seems to be a mystery. Also problems occurred most often with lights, but not always.

First fix was heavier mag springs which push rounds up faster/harder. Worked sometimes, not other times.

I think the dual recoil spring in the Gen 4 is really in recognition of this problem and an attempt to fix it. But glock will never admit it.

5. tango44

tango44

Lucky you and sure helps a lot being a LEO, my last OD G26 had problems like that and my local dealer is a authorized and LEO Glock dealer and they never made made it right for me, I had to send it back to Glock and they sent ma a prepaid box to ship the G26, after that the Gun worked fine.

6. Brucev

Brucev

Regrettably you got a 22 that had problems. Understandably the dealer was not initially willing to simply swap out your old pistol for a new pistol. Thankfully, once Glock was contacted, the matter was resolved. It is hard to see how the matter could have been better resolved. Sincerely. Brucev.

7. 2nd2none

2nd2none

I'm glad things worked out for you, it sucks you had to jump through some hoops, but heh at least you got a new Gen 4 out of it

8. unit4610

unit4610

It was at a slight angle upward and more like an out of battery jam if you know what I mean.