close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jammed G36!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RickD6023, Jan 29, 2010.

1. RickD6023

RickD6023

I was setting up at the range today when two guys caught my attention trying to clear a jam in a G36. The round had truly jammed attempting to move into battery. The round was partially in the barrell before it jammed.

We were finally able to clear the jam and low and behold they were shooting lead round reloads. A few minutes later they called me over and asked if I knew how to break down a Glock (the meant field strip). I field stripped the G36, looked into the barrell and found that none of the rifling was visible - they were all filled with lead! I could not believe that 1) he was shooting lead in the Glock factory barrell and 2) wasn't cleaning it with a lead solvent. On top of it all, this was the guy's carry gun. :faint:

2. MonsterB

MonsterB

That is truely amazing...thats what scares me and my shooting bro the most about ranges, what you would think would be common knowledge in regards to weapon safety and care, is not the norm but the exception...I may be somewhat new to guns compared to some peeps, but I feel very confident that I practice good gun safety and also treat my glock with respect...it gets cleaned after every shooting, which is 2-3 times per week, because I take good care of it the damn thing has 2500 rounds through it since new on Dec 10 and it still looks and works like brand new....those idiots should be slapped right away

3. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I just put around 150 rounds without a hiccup a couple hours ago through my 36. I love shooting this thing. :)

4. MonsterB

MonsterB

How the f can you not know how to field strip a glock? While being in possesion of one? This story is crazy

5. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

I hope you didn't just roll your eyes at the fellow and leave him to his own devices.

You gave him some good knowledge right? Let him know what he needed to know right?

6. MonsterB

MonsterB

I dont think you got his point, its about the morons with the lead reloads that didnt know how to take the gun apart...thats funny :rofl:

7. MonsterB

MonsterB

alright, one last comment, was he wearing walmart camo? Just wondering:tongueout:

8. bluejdixon

bluejdixon Ammo Hoarder

A Glock 36 failing to return to battery? Blasphemy! :rofl:

Its unfortunate that they are not obviously aware of the dangers of shooting lead bullets in the firearm he is trusting to save his life or others. Even more rediculous is that he cannot field strip his own weapon.

I imagine he is the type of guy that in a situation where his life is threatened, when his weapon goes click instead of bang, he simply hides and defecates.

9. minkis18

minkis18

I don't care what weapon you have, you should know how to take it down. That's the first thing I did when handling a new XDm, along with figuring out that the guide rod isn't captured :p

10. RickD6023

RickD6023

Sure did. I spent about 15 minutes of range time with him teaching about the Glock. Then I went about my planned practice of double taps and off hand shooting with my G22.

11. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Good on you. I just hope what you taught him sticks. For his sake and his families!

12. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

Wow... just wow... some people just don't care about their guns...

13. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

Pretty sure the owner's manual says FMJ only. No lead...wow.

14. Jim S.

Jim S.

I'm amazed at the things people who carry guns do or don't do.
    I have a friend who carries a gun (XDM) and he's never even fired round one through it.
    He does't know how to take it apart yet either despite my willingness to help him.
    Your story is scarey to me. I hate to think of people walking around and shooting guns at a range like this.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  15. Zertek

Zertek

Good Job.........

16. perkins3120

perkins3120

wow thats scary

17. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:shakehead:

18. CBennett

CBennett

just WOW......what maroons

19. hoffy

hoffy

Worked at a full service (gunsmithing too) retail shop for 6 years and I cold fill pages with examples of stupidity. Mostly it was people detail stripping guns and not getting them back together or loosing parts or worse trying to make them better. We charged 37.50/hour-mid '80s-mid '90s but had a sign minimum 50$ if gun was brought in as a basket case . We charged 37.50$ to clean a gun and people paid it!!!:faint: A guy waited for months when Colt first came out with stainless Gold Cups, I think he got it on a friday, brought it back monday, he had put the slide in a vise, on the advise of a not too smart friend, to tighten the slide/frame fit. He broke the right rear corner off the slide, about the size of a dime, took another few months to get it back. We were an authorized Colt warranty station at the time, but they wanted it back to fit because it was a Gold Cup, had it been a regular MKIV we could have fit the slide. I think the gun was a little over 1100$ and they soaked him 500+ for the slide, and of course my boss tacked on a little more. As Jed Clampet would say, pitiful, just pitiful. Also saw a lot of duck hunters with bannapeeled barrels who shot them plugged with mud-a dozen at least while I worked there.
    At least you tried to educate them, some people won't listen, but since you knew how to strip it you gained their trust. Kawasaki KLR 650 dual sport motorcycles have a part commonly called a doohickey (balance chain tensioner to Kawi), believe it or not, and they break, to varying degrees, and if they really let go your engine is toast. I cannot believe how many people say it is an internet myth, most I see personally declare this when I ask them, and it has been a problem since 1986 when the bikes came out, mine was bad, lucky I fixed it when I did. :wow: