close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

James Yeager is a smart guy

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ditto1958, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Well, at least he is now permanenetly barred from holding political office or being a law enforcement officer in Kentucky:rofl:

Are we the only state that makes every officer and office holder swear "that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God"? That is the majority of the constitutionally required oath of public office here.

2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Even more clearly his fault, however - at what point do you take the car out of gear, then panic so bad you forget you need to put it in gear and, as an absolute rule - WHEN does the driver leave the vehicle? Apparently getting out and hiding behind the car, instead of driving it, is tha part that got others shot and killed while they were in the back seat waiting for their driver to move out of the kill zone.

3. TactiCool

TactiCool

4. NIB

NIB

Who is this single-celled amoeba of FAIL who started this thread. And what is this, an advertisement for the 1st Annual James Yeager 100 yard dash and hide?

5. Averageman

Averageman

I didn't get all of that from the video, but I did fast forward through some of it.
    I believe that I would have been backing way up and turning around about 2 minutes in to waiting.
    What I watched was a lot of waiting for some obstruction to move and I believe I heard something about a Police Officer?
    It's as if they were sitting there waiting for the bad guys to get their **** together enough to hit them.
    Here nor there, I guess it was all bad.
    Was that Baghdad near the airport?

6. ltj9296

ltj9296

I do not claim to be a expert in this area, but finding better cover to return fire sounds like a real good idea to me. All I have done is seen the video, and not sure of the facts. I would not feel comfortable judging anyone. I guess what I am trying to say is if you are taking heavy fire, and can find safer cover to return fire, would that not better?

7. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Yes, on route Irish. IED had gone off Army convoy stopped ahead, they decided to keep distance between them and the Army element, but not turn around and return to a safer area.

Driver took car out of gear, applied parking brake, and then forgot it was engaged, and stalked his car during action. Then he never restarted it, he simply bailed and hid in the ditch while the action was happening.

8. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

There is nothing but room to maneuver around RTE Irish. Nice wide shoulder areas, multiple egress routes available. Don't get me wrong, it gets crowded at times, but I've never seen it when there was no room to move when you need to.
    Actually not even that long of a road, dangerous though it was, once upon a time, between BIAP and the GZ.

9. Averageman

Averageman

Ive been down that road a couple of times.
    I drove a General Officer around Germany right after Gen Dozier was kidnapped and the rule of thumb was pretty much don't stop for anything. If you are the driver, drive.
    I can't imagine not putting that car in reverse and getting out of Dodge immeadiatly. Waiting there is what got them.
    If this guy hid in the ditch and did nothing but screw up, he has a lot of cojones with the stuff he is spouting.
    I think if I were on that team I would have left him in that ditch.

10. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Never heard of James Yeager, and I don't understand why this thgread has gotten so long (only read the 1st couple of lines in the o.p.), but it's obvious he knows what he's talking about if he understands that the Glock 19 is better than any 1911.
    :wavey:

11. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

"In light of the above, I therefore must challenge you hereby, good sir, to a duel in PHOTOGRAPHY, TO THE DEATH, at the ignorant hands of at least one of my marvelously incompetent apprentices in the art of handgun shooting, by standing no further than 12 yards away from aforementioned handgun muzzles in live fire, and only mere inches away from their intended targets, in much the same way as one would face the firing squad as per this State's method of execution of capital punishment. He who last flashes his Nikon, will be proclaimed the winner of this duel.."

12. ditto1958

ditto1958

NIB, I started this thread in good faith when I read another thread here in the 1911 section where people were getting all riled up over a YouTube video by James Yeager entitled "1911's Suck." My only point in my thread was to tell people that Yeager does that kind of stuff with an agenda in mind. He is trying to be controversial, because it is good for his business. I guess I should have known better. It seems as though quite a few folks who have responded have completely missed the original point.

13. NIB

NIB

Don't give me none of this good faith original point crap, James Yeager is a name that should never be mentioned in a gun board ever again.

He ran and hid while his men were taking fire. That is called a COWARD! And he wants to act tough and challenge anyone to a "dual" for disagreeing with him.... F him!

14. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

But wait!!!

There's more!!!!

"Five shots into the little stupid retarded moron, five shots...."
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAdemRhuHDg&sns=em"]2009 6 25 Tactical Response photographer - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  15. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

By the way,

Don't you just love the 007 poster material moves for "observe and assess"?

Oh, and now for the Tactical Response response to the ensuing Tactical Safety Outrage:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R3t0wuLDWQ&sns=em"]Firearms Training Safety - YouTube[/ame]

16. Ruggles

Ruggles

It just gets worse and worse with this guy. If we could somehow combine him with the CTD threads going on it would be bigger than the cardboard box thread of legend. :rofl:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  17. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

It's not unsafe, it's STRESS INOCULATION!

18. Kilrain

Kilrain Señor Member

Bren, I think that your state just made that up for you.......:tongueout:

19. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

20. TactiCool

TactiCool

Speechless...:wow:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S53T8jBzXy4"]RE: James Yeager is a Coward? - YouTube[/ame]