james lee burke

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by cyriaque, Jul 31, 2007.

1. cyriaque

cyriaque Millennium Member

his latest book is about the Big Sleazy (New Orleans for you out of towners) after Katrina. He gives the best description of the criminal mindset that I've ever read. I used to work in a prison.

2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

I am a big fan of Dave's friend Clete. He may have done bad things in the past, but more than makes up for it in friendship, as well as his punishment of bad guys.

I loved the book where he bulldozed through a gangsters house.:banana:

3. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

Burke is one of my favorite authors. Clete is the buddy we all wished we had at one time or another in our lives.:thumbsup:

4. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Burke fans will be glad to know, In the Electric Mist is being made into a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910905/
    No Clete though, which sucks. Also that ****** bag Baldwin will not be playing Dave, which is a big + in my book.

5. GAC

GAC

I just read Electric Mist within the past few months and the characters are still pretty fresh in my head.

Tommy Lee Jones will fit right into the Robicheaux part. But "Baby Feet" Balboni will need a bit of a change - I doubt John Goodman is much of a kickboxer.

Levon Helm and Buddy Guy will be neat to see. John Sayles on the screen will also be neat to see but I'll be darned if I can remember who character is - maybe it's Dave's pal from another Parish.

6. rdsharp

rdsharp Guest

I love Mary Steenburgen, but she's not Bootsie.

7. WSC36

WSC36 Guest

If you haven't read the "Lost get back boogie" it is one of my favorite books. I really enjoy James Lee Burke. Don't see his books on the shelves that much anymore though. I order online.

8. GAC

GAC

Dude, don't bother buying online. There are public libraries all over the Valley and any of them will give you card, no matter what city you live in. Except Glendale; they're pissy and won't join the countywide sharing program.