close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jailbreak iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by drew4691, Jan 15, 2012.

1. drew4691

drew4691

With the "imminent" release of the Jailbreak for the iPhone 4s, is anyone going to do it? http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-57357481-233/jailbreak-for-ipad-2-and-iphone-4s-imminent/

I had an iPhone 4, now a 4s, and I probably will. If all else fails, i'll just restore it back to factory, I suppose.

I've never jailbroke? a phone before, but I'm decent with computers, and I'll see what the hype is about. :wavey:

If you have done a jailbreak, please list pros and cons, thanks!

2. 50 Cent

50 Cent

3. Kith

Kith

About 2 years ago I jailbroke an iphone for someone so they could use their sim card from a prepaid service with the phone.

It was a bit nerve wracking when the jailbreak program froze and after close to a half hour we just reset the device and it worked.

I was worried about bricking the device, but the person had zero computer ability and something like this was over their head. I had read up on it but never done it prior, and so I was pretty impressed at how easy it went.

This was two years ago, and i've long left apple behind me because of how limiting the platform is, but I would imagine that it's easier now then it was then, as that's the way those things go.

ipodtouchfans.com was the site I used for my info back then.

4. devildog2067

devildog2067

I've had an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone of every generation except for the 4. Other than the very slight chance of bricking the phone, there's no real downside.

5. googanelli

googanelli

I used redsnow in the last couple of weeks. It is super easy and has made the phone much more user friendly. I can use it as a mobile hot spot. I now can use facetime anywhere. Things that the damn thing should be doing from the factory. No issues that I know of because of doing the conversion. Cydiia is neat. You can change just about anything on the phone. Reminds me of how flexible windows was years ago.

Joe

6. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

Can't wait. The Jailbreak is what really gives the iphone the edge over other smart phones.

7. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

With all the apps available at Apple & Cydia it's a computer in your pocket that also make phone calls.

I love my 4S.

8. Resqu2

Resqu2

What could I do if I jailbreak my 4S that I can't do now? The App store seems to have an app for everything?

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Use it as a wifi device for your computer. Otherwise, probably not much more than you already do. Some people, if told they can't have X, really want X even if X isn't any big deal. I've looked into JB'ing a phone. There just isn't enough content for me to care.

10. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

The list is way too long. Most of the apps I use now are Cydia, not Apple. The internet is your best friend here.

11. sputnik767

sputnik767

I don't have an iphone, but have used rooted Androids for years now. Rooting an Android device is virtually equivalent to jailbreaking the iphone (with 1 major exception that I will not go into), and yes, if you have the option to JB the iphone definitely do it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  12. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

13. NashvilleGlock

NashvilleGlock EMT-Paramedic CLM

I love the current Absinthe jailbreak that's out. It's an easy jailbreak and it works flawlessly as far as I can tell. I use MyWi more than any other app.

Here are a couple screenshots of my setup. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Resqu2

Resqu2