close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jacksonville '04 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jan 17, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here.:)

2. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I had planned for months to be there. Well it is not to be. :( Neither the Orlando match. Shoot a couple of plates for me please...

3. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I just returned home from the match. All things considered I am not happy with my performance though I did do better than I expected during the match. The weather was great as the cloud cover kept the direct sun and shadows away while the touch of moisture was minimal.

My normal match procedure has me shooting three or four categories with the best score always the #3 category in sequence. Today I did the best in my first catagory, Stockmeister. #2 was the worst and #3 in the middle. My "system" is now shot! :)

The range staff were great. No waiting for me at the "M" and "5". The plates however were a bit of a time drain. The armorer fixed my pistol after a malfunction (light & high primer strike). The repair consisted of properly cleaning the barrel chamber area where it locks into the slide. (My Bad! :( )

Finally met my Stockmeister "Carolina Crew" team mates in person. Hopefully my stockmeister score will help get us back into a team award. My apologies to my Sidearmor Am/LE team mates. I did not shoot to my potential today.

I unfortunatly will be missing the Saturday dinner but I did have a great lunch with some old friends and ex co-workers from Georgia. All in all a good good day. :)

On to Orlando!!!!! :D

4. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

I know everyone will wonder about this, but it did happen.
    I had a GREAT time again, as usual. The weather was better than last year.;+
    Now to the story, while helping paste the targets today, I felt something hit the top back of my head. At first I thought someone had tossed an empty casing at somebody else. I asked the guy next to me about it, the only thing he figured is it was a bullet from a ricochet, from another bay. Never saw anyone throw anything. There's always a first for everything. Be safe.

5. GJM89

GJM89

Sorry about that, It was really a Jersey Seagull that flew down in my absence, he said he was sorry , he thought you were Fireglock. Jerry I owed you that one my friend;f ;f ;f ;f

6. dip128

dip128 Prepaired

A+ to all the RO's. only about a 5 to 10 min waite.
    I shot pretty good.101.88 aint to bad.Im trying to get to go to
    Orlando we will see.

J.J.;a

7. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..had a great time!!

The Jax club ran a great match!!..and, as usual, the GSSF staff did an excellent job!!Big Congrats to Julie for making the Glock Team.

..thanks for putting on such a quality and safe match!!

The 27 ran flawlessly...though, too much time shooting IDPA & too little time working the 20-25 yd line, pinched me in the 4th pt of contact this match.
    ..will give me something to work on before Orlando.

Had a great time w/DTOM, "fast" Eddie, Bob, Pat, and Tom.

...get well Jerry.

Jay

8. G29 Man

G29 Man Harpin' Millennium Member

We had a great time. We had 3 hrs sleep and no practice and performed as you would expect. Poorly. We did have a great time with our friends and seeing the people from Glock and GT. Looking forward to seeing you in Orlando and Tanya says sorry for not getting to say "bye" to everyone at dinner. She didn't feel well.

Thanks,

Brian

9. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Debra and I shot on Sunday, got there about 11:00 and were done by 01:15. That was about the fastest GSSF match I have ever shot. The RO's were nice, the weather was good, only sorry I missed the seeing the guys.

10. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Yep, it was a good trip! Fireglock and Em showed up even though he has a bumb neck and shoulder. Thank you Fireglock and good luck with the repairs.:)

The weather was just about as good 77°F with light over cast. Made for some great shooting. I did not shoot steller but the scores where alright.

Am/Civ- 111
    Stockmeister- 126
    UL/M- 109

Glad to see everyone and hope to see everyone in Orlando.

Pharaoh

:cool: ;e ;e :cool:

11. TXMike

TXMike

Pharaoh,

When I saw the 77 degrees in your note it sounded good! I just returned from Ohio today and am still chilled. I was thinking of everyone and glad you had fun. Still can't get on a range in Houston. Maybe a few more weeks. Nothing downrange since San Antonio.

12. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

TXMike
    You Still on for Boulder City Match;d ;d
    Looking forward to seeing you again:)
    Dan:cool:

13. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

...got the BCs (..ask your son what that stands for ref the glasses,..unless they use the same term in the Navy..), in the mail today.

Thank you much !!

..now I will be able to "see" @ Mid-Carolina this Saturday..AND keep the females away:)

..how 'bout that Crew??!!!

Jay

14. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Hey how about that Team Sidearmor and 3 more plaques; two 1st and one 3rd. Not a bad weekend Team wise.
    ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

15. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I have participated on two teams with first place team awards in GSSF. SideArmor is the latest. On the other hand going from a 3rd to a 2nd with Carolina Crew is a real thrill. Next time we WIN!!!!! :)

16. 40blaster

40blaster

David Knight, clean run on the "Five".

17. TrooperDan

TrooperDan