close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jackson NJ June 17 - 18, 2017

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by misunderestimated, Jun 18, 2017.

1. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Another Great match. I am so Lucky to live were I do as I have so many events so easy to get to.

Well it was HOT! Ran smooth, Excellent hardworking RO'S. I had a blast ,but was worn out by the end of the days. The RO's must of slept real good that night.

Any one close to Jackson NJ its well worth the trip.

It was kinda odd not seeing Mike there

OK Who took pictures I get so wrapped up in pasting I forget to take pictures.

I almost forgot to mention I see a fellow shoot so fast it seamed his brass was still in the air as he was recharging his firearm

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I can miss fast enough to keep my brass in the air. Jersey has always been a great match, rain, shine or submerged. Some of my nicest friends RO there--Glenn, Steve, Eugene & Bob.

3. BlkSheep

BlkSheep

It was a great match indeed. I help setup on Friday and ROd Saturday. Had a bunch of friends shoot today so "coached" them.

4. Kennydale

Kennydale

You mean they(THE STATE) Actually let's you shoot guns in PUBLIC !!!!!!
    BIL used to be a Police Chief in Jackson, NJ. Nice area !

CORRECTION: Police Captain (Not Chief ) Sorry

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  5. youngann

youngann Pistol People

Tome and I arrived at the range on Friday at 11am and helped set everything up. We tried something a little different this year and ran only three squadding stations with each station feeding three trees. I think this setup worked really well.

By the time we were done with setting up, Tome and I really didn't care too much about shooting - we were hot and tired and just wanted to get it over with. Unfortunately, our scores reflect this...lol.

Saturday was hot and busy but things seem to run pretty smoothly and we managed to shoot through 336 entries before we had to vacate the range at 5:30pm because of strong thunderstorms.

Sunday was even hotter and muggier but, thank goodness there were no storms! Again, things went very smoothly with hardly any waiting. It was a long hot weekend and we're both exhausted and looking forward to doing it all over again at the next match.

As always, it was lovely to see old friends and to meet some new ones. The New Jersey Glockers were sorely missed, and several of us were hoping that everything is OK with them.

All in all, I have to say that this was one of the best Jackson matches we've ever been to.

misunderestimated and Kennydale like this.
  6. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Anne Great Job , What makes an event move along is the squadding and who and how your loading the trees. You always make it look so easey. I love to squad now as I know how important it is for a smooth match, having some one X in and asking them "Are your magazines all loaded and your going to be waiting where?" Maybe they didn't realize they have to be loaded. I also suggest they stick around in the bay and help out with pasting as it move the shooter thru quicker and i will be able to find them quicker if they are in a bay taping. I look them in the eye and memorize there face this way when I am looking for there stickers i find them fast.The next thing that moves things along is tapers, I cant tell you how frustrating it is to see the RO working like dogs and then a crowd of 20 or so people sitting in the shade complaining there should be more staff taping the targets.It was a great crew and they were getting the job done. Thanks again to you and tommy for putting in the work,

ValueMan, youngann and PM720 like this.
  7. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

+1 on the heat
    you guys working did very well even with the heat

I get it's HOT lets get it over and yes my scores reflect that.

about 1/2 hour in the car's air conditioning got my temp almost down out of the danger zone.

still it was good to see you guys.

youngann likes this.
  8. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Here are a few photos.
    I was there Sunday after a 10 hour drive. Toasty.
    Just an aside, I heard more machine gun fire at this range in Jersey than I've heard at any other civilian range.
    Very nice facility!
    Mark Ramsey, Tim Merrell, & Austin Crane there for GSSF.

20170619_140929.jpg 20170618_151545.jpg 20170618_151351.jpg 20170618_143754.jpg 20170618_141704.jpg 20170618_132108.jpg 20170618_131711.jpg 20170618_124310.jpg

misunderestimated and youngann like this.