Jackson, NJ Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 15, 2002.

1. GJM89

GJM89

noppe, thought so at first,but nope it was a clean mike, you know even the best miss once in a while. Gene won the gun in the RO drawing

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Good for him! Another nice thing that encourages ROing. See ya at Statesville!

3. GJM89

GJM89

looking forward to it

4. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

BOY... what a trip! Sunday was a beautiful day to shoot!

I met many great people at the match today, I was overwhelmed! The fact that I didn't have a good match doesn't even affect me because I got to meet a whole bunch of friendly and very competent RO's and shooters. Some of the new people I met include: my teammate Michael McGinnes and his awesome wife Ruth, Glenn (GJM89) and Andy (AndyG35). I got to see my other teammate that was shooting today, Debbie (Glocklady) and her husband Vernon. It was nice see Linda and Bob Strohm (that happy couple that I saw at Waldorf) again!

GSSF Match Director Chris Edwards and Registration Coordinator Bruce Wampler did a FANTASTIC job with the help of the host club and RO's!

You will see from the pics, besides having lack of water like last year's match, that each bay had THREE (3), yes 3 setups! The match was efficiently executed and the RO's REALLY knew how to coordinate with each other. An AWESOME display of teamwork.

I have pics to post... working on them now...

Regards,
    Frank

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Pic of Glock-M

Notice THREE setups! Three shooters ready to go, one main RO handling the timer in a round-robin fashion with three other assistant RO's managing the shooter in-between strings.

6. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Jackson GSSF Match - Plate rack bay - THREE SETUPS! WOW!

7. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Shooter Amber shooting the Glock Plates! Amber has been shooting GSSF Matches since she was 12 years old! I got to meet Amber, her Dad Michael and family friend Doug at the match. They are from New Jersey and are COOL people! Yes, they can also shoot very well too!

Amber is being supervised by RO Mark Rosenwald (with Timer in hand) and Assistant RO Greg Cirillo.

And Amber's Dad Michael is not too far behind the RO's routing for Amber!

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Shooters from New Jersey (left to right): Doug, Amber and Michael (Amber's Dad)

They sure looked like they had a GREAT TIME at the match!

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Can you tell this GSSF Shooter is well-trained? What a start for a shooting career... start at age 12 and having a father that knows what he's doing!

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Shooter Michael (Amber's Dad) just about to hose down the plates at Jackson GSSF match! RO Mark Rosenwald supervises the action!

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Can you see what SHE SEES???

This is the view for GSSF Competitor/Team Sidearmor member Debbie (GlockLady) as she prepares to do 'battle' with the 5-To-Glock Targets... do you see the targets shaking like a leaf as they know they are about to face some serious lead from Debbie's Glock 26 (aka, Mini-Franken Boo-berry Monster... or whatever Debbie calls her pet Glocks);f

12. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

What's the definition for INTENSITY? Check out GSSF Competitor Vernon on 5-To-Glock!

Yes, GSSF shooters have a FUN time at the matches but when we step up to the line and 'load and make ready'... we are VERY SERIOUS about SAFETY and hitting our target with ACCURACY and SPEED!

That friendly face behind Vernon (RO that's supervising the action) is our good friend Glenn (GJM89)!

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Competitor Linda has some sort of 'foreign matter' on her gun... she asks the RO (James Carlo) to remove that snail that found its way onto her Glock. Can you tell by Linda's facial expression that she doesn't like Escargot?;f ;f ;f

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

[please check out previous post/pic first];f

Check out GSSF Competitor Linda's reaction to the RO reminding her that removing snails from competitor's Glocks IS NOT in his job description. ;f;f;f;f

[Actually, James Carlo is giving tips on grip to Linda... James does know a thing or two about shooting! He's the main man on Glock-M... he ran the timer all day long... probably Saturday too?]

15. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

The ULTIMATE Good Sports (especially Linda... see previous two posts), my friends Linda and Bob.

They are my "shoot GSSF on Sunday" partners! Aren't they beautiful people? Yes and can you say personable and friendly? Definitely!

They are part of that large contingent of FRIENDLY PISTOL PEOPLE from Pennsylvania!

That's why I love GSSF and the shooting sports... I get to meet people like Bob and Linda.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW how to have fun at a GSSF Match... just follow Bob and Linda around for a while... you will learn real fast how to have fun at a GSSF match!

16. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

WHAT A CREW... !!! You want a definition for EFFICIENCY and COMPETENCE? Here's one... these RO's are only part of the crew that made Glock-M go smoothly at Jackson, 2002 (I apologize to all RO's that did not make it into the pic...)

From left to right:
    Dan Mutter, James Carlo, Paul Troncale, Frank Sturt

ALL the RO's at Jackson deserve a BIG HAND and Thanks!

THANK YOU RO's!

Sincerely,
    Frank

17. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

"Give me that hi-cap mag... or I'll beat you up!"

At first glance at this pic, you might think that one GSSF Competitor is bullying another competitor for her hi-cap mag!

In actuality, check out the COMRADERIE GSSF competitors have! These competitors are giving each other encouragement and sharing knowledge!

Any beginner's out there hesitant to shoot a GSSF match? Don't be, there will be LOTS of people to help you with your questions and help you get started!

This is a fine example... I hope they didn't mind my "roving GT reporter" intrusion on their training session!

Can you tell that I'm proud that one of them is my Sidearmor Teammate Debbie (GlockLady)??

18. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

WOWZERS! Check out GSSF Competitor Bob shooting the 5-To-Glock.

Notice the tight group of hits he put on that first target on 5-To-Glock! [you might need to scroll the picture all the way to the right to see the target... kinda neat how the light came through the holes like that!]

Don't mess with this guy... those Pennsylvania Pistol People (PPP) CAN SHOOT!

Great job Bob!

19. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Competitor/Team Sidearmor member M. Mcginnes IN ACTION!

Want to see fast sight recovery? Check out the extracted case from the previous round still in the air while Michael's Glock 17 front site's back on target already!

That Kodak Digital Science DC5000 2 Mega-pix camera is like a Glock... IT PERFORMS!

20. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Competitor/Team Sidearmor member McGinnes 'hates' GSSF matches!

Can you tell what Michael thinks of GSSF matches in this pic next to one of his 5-To-Glock Targets?