close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jackson, NJ Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 15, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your experiences here.:)

2. on target

on target

The weather held up and we had a great time, Jackson is a nice facility and got to see some old friends like Andy and some great RO's. Brought a group of 6 new guys who signed-up and fell in love with GSSF. Now they can’t wait till the next match in L.I.

I screwed up big time on 5 to Glock on the last string and only had 4 rounds in the mag. By the time I figured out what's up and got out another mag from the bag I forgot to cover 1 of the targets and it cost me 2 misses. A shame since I shot so well. Let this be a lesson, check your mags at the line and don't be a moron like me.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I had the same Senior moment today in practice....only 9 in 2 mags. sounds like you might have had 4 left from the plates...I have no excuse if I am short on mags because I have (40) not bragging just hate to load magazines at the range....too bad about the Luck...hope we all will learn;Q

4. on target

on target

FESTUS exactly, I loaded up 4 with 10 rounds and by habit the fifth with 4. I now have a new habit of checking and double-checking, oh well life does go on!

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You mean to tell me that Marc is the only one that went to Jackson? :( Come on Glenn, I know you went! :)

6. DannyR

Russell shot on Saturday. I think Rodney shot on Saturday. Michael, Frank and Debbie are shooting today. Dayton made the drive by himself.

7. THE VOID

THE VOID

Would have been a long road trip by myself. So I decided to got to my nieces' graduation party and spend the day with family. I do however have a 15 month old son who is pointing his index finger at everything and saying "POW". He looks to have a pretty good two hand hold. I cut the cord off of a Nintendo orange gun, and he is dry firing now. I guess he will get expelled from kindergarden for pointing.

I hope everyone up there is having a great time. Shoot 'um up ladies and gentlemen. Lets hear about a clean run and some personal bests!!
    Good luck to the Sunday shooters.

Dayton

8. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

Rodney was waiting to shoot when I got there Sat at 11:00. The GSSF people were friendly and helpful and they have an excellent range there.

9. MrMunster

MrMunster

Why did they have to put such a nice shooting facility in a state with absolutely (insert your own negative adjective here) gun laws?

Mrs. Munster and I both shot this morning. I know neither of us finished first, but we probably weren't last either. Guess the final scores will tell;d

I think the only complaint I would have was the one RO who treated my wife as if she had never shot a gun before. He actually changed his procedure when she was shooting and made her show clear after every string. Definitely screwed up her rhythm a little bit. -- Just because she is a woman doesn't mean she is incompetent!

Next year, I would recommend making some signs as to where to register, where to find the armorers, and where to find the safe areas. None of these were well marked.

In addition, I thought I overheard the GSSF guy running the checkin around 9am say they didn't bring anything to sell because they flew in. When I went back about 11:30 he had two sacks full of orange mags for the 20 and 23!

10. Fireglock

You don't have to take that. It's happened to my wife before and she has finally just gotten tough and told them to hush and follow the guidelines. Showing clear between strings was not even near right. Just put the gun down and call for the Range master. Actually my wife has the most grief from female ROs.

11. Russell92

Russell92

i had a great time on saturday but shot horribly; at least the weather was better than last year and we didn't have to swim out to the plates. i only got to the range to practice once since waldorf and it was on the friday before the match. in the port next to mine was some woman who was getting a lesson by these two guys who didn't stop talking the entire time we were there. i was shooting poorly that day and it seems that i always shoot at a match the same as i do at the practice before it.

our friends who came for the first time to a GSSF match were having a lot of fun and i'm sure they'll be at a few more this year. but of course the best part of the day was being able to make fun of my father constantly for doing something as stupid as to use the mag that only had 4 rounds in it when he had 4 other mags loaded with 10 rounds. ;a

12. DannyR

Sounds like someone needs to add a postage scale to his gun bag to weight the mags.;Q

13. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Now, now Russel92; you know Father Knows Best. ;Q ;Q ;Q Just don't trust his math.;e ;e ;e

14. rbad8

rbad8

Hi All,

Marc & Russ dragged a whole bunch of us down to Jackson for our
    first GSSF shoot.

It was FANTASTIC !

(The club facilities were great too and we are actually contemplating joining the CJRPC.)

BTW: I'll agree w/ Russ. The BEST part of the day was the
    time I spent poking fun at Marc for his mag mixup. ;)

Russell is a great kid and I can only hope that my wife
    and I have kids like him! (I guess I'll have to hire Marc to raise 'em though)
    ;f

Here are a few pics:

OFFTarget Taping: ;f

[​IMG]

Mrs. RBAD8:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The newly created Cedar Grove Police Team: (with a brass scavenger in the foreground)
    [​IMG]

15. Fireglock

Glad you had a nice time. CJ is a nice range. I see two of my favorite ROs with your Lady, Gene and Glenn, the book ends! ;f You guys really shouldn't pick on Marc, eventually we all have a "bad" day and turnabout is fair play! :cool:

16. BCarver

BCarver Millennium Member CLM

"For what it's worth"
    I noticed at the Carrollton match and the Roseburg match that some RO's were asking all competitors to clear their guns between runs of 5 to Glock. I was told by one RO that you couldn't load but 10 rounds and they wanted the slide locked back between each run. "Now that will mess with your rythm".

I was aiming to mention this to Chris but I forgot. I will see him in Salt Lake City in a couple of weeks. I will mention the matter to him then.

17. Dr. Rod

Dr. Rod Millennium Member

Had a great match hanging out with Marc and Russell.

My scores:

Am Civ 74.46
    Stockmeister 92.72 :(
    Competition 100.68 :(
    Sub-Compact 119.82 :(

After the match I hit Six Flags and went on Nitro. THAT IS A COOL RIDE. Had to do it again on Sunday morning. :cool:

Patricia: I had 5 people come over to me and ask about the Sidearmor holster. I didn't have anything to hand to them so I just gave them the web site. Maybe you could send us a few business cards or some flyers to hand out.

18. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Hey Dr. Rod;
    Bet riding NITRO before you shot the match would align your "Aiming Fluid" better.;g ;g ;g ;g ;g ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

19. GJM89

GJM89

Hey Jerry, just got home,I'm so tired I all ready sent you a thread but I hit new thread instead of reply and I have know idea where that thread is??;d ;d ;g ;g . Anyway, had a really good time running the five to Glock and I want to thank all the shooters that helped to tape the targets,it really helps to speed things up.and I never picked on Marc!! It was nice to meet all the shooters wearing the Side Armour hats and being able to put faces to the names from GlockTalk. By the way Jerry when you said bookends, that was code for handsome right??;d ;d .Anyone hear any Unlimited scores, my stockmeister was soooooooo bad, and yes before you hear it somewhere else,I threw a mike at the 20 on the 5 to Glock.;g ;g ;g .

20. Fireglock

Yeah, that's it the two handsome Gs! ;f A mike? That's hard to believe, maybe it was because of all the hard RO work you were doing. Are you sure you didn't use the same hole for two rounds? ;Q