Jackson, NJ 2007 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 16, 2007.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here and your photos in the photo thread.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Okay Team Carver; after a not so good start of the day how did things finally work out? Your fellow team mates want to know.:wavey:

3. Cambo

Cambo

I shot 4 divisions in Jackson today. It was my first real shooting competition despite shooting for 21 years. I definitely shot a little too fast on some stages, and on every stage, had trouble engaging the targets on the left(I did okay on all targets to the right of the left one). I would say I did average, and I am sure I won't be winning a Glock. It was a lot different from the indoor range I normally shoot at, but it was also a lot of fun. The Range Officers were all very cool and professional, they definitely made me feel comfortable. I wish Jackson would host these events more than once a year!!

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Dan did you OTHER BAG ever arrive?

It was not too crowded, read, no real lines except when a lot of people came to watch Mr. Carver and crew shoot.

I did have one of the targets on the 5 to glock mysteriously jump sideways just as I shot at it---That's my story anyway.

Sniper and GlockMom I hope you guys do well.

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

My congratulations to the RO crew for the Jackson match!! WELL DONE!!
    I had a little glitch right from the start.....my bag with my guns, mags and ammo didn't arrived when we did at the Philly airport Saturday morning! But thanks to Bobby Carver, Brian Berger and Dick's Sporting Goods, I managed to shoot the match and still have a great time visiting with our Jersey friends and making new ones!:thumbsup:
    The bright side is I didn't do to bad shooting with borrow guns, mags and factory ammo!

Phillyglock23, it was a pleasure to meet you face to face!

Dan:cool:

6. PhillyGlock23

PhillyGlock23

Dan (a.k.a. DEJ/FL):

It was great meeting you (and the rest of the Team Carver team)!

Glad to hear that you managed to have a good time, even with the "luggage dilemma." Has the airline gotten your goods back to you yet?

The next match I plan on attending is the one being held at Topton in August. Any plans on Team Carver being there?

Again, it was a pleasure meeting you....and have a great night!

--Dan

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Dan (AKA Phillyglock23)
    Pete and I will not be attending the Topton match this year. We have "burned up" the highway and skyway this spring/summer so we are taking a "pause for the cause" until the Conyers match in September.
    The baggage with my guns,mags and ammo showed up at the hotel at 11:00 P.M. Saturday evening with everything in tack!:thumbsup:

Dan:cool:

8. uncowboy

uncowboy

Dan Glad you got your guns back in good shape. It was a pleasure Meeting you and Pete and Bobby . It was interesting seeing you guys shoot. I didn't do well but your team motivated me to do better. Bobby, Thank you again for the spring . I will try it out this week. Hope to see ya all soon. As for the match . I beleive it was well run ,I was working the plates on Sat we were never more than 3 deep in line, Everyone that shot multiple guns did so without waiting. Sunday we had a big rush But I lefy at 2PM when my ride was ready to go, So I didn't stay till the end but there were no more than about 20 shooters left. I know we shot 200 on Sat but don't know what the final figures were. I thank everyone who shot the match. Everyone was polite and I don't think any feathers were ruffeled. I think it was a great weekend . J.Michael

9. GlockMom

GlockMom

I would like to thank Bob A, at he 5 to Glock for going more than a mile for all the problems that happend to GM & myself (rear sight comming off) so my hats off to you sir, Glenn great job and it was nice to see everyone again even if my guns don't work right :)

Thanks NJ crew hope to see you at Topton. Sniper

10. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

We arrived back in Jacksonville Sunday about 12:30 PM after enjoying an eventful but enjoyable 29 hours in New Jersey. Thanks to Glenn and his team for providing their time to allow us all to compete and have fun doing we "love", shooting Glocks.

Many thanks to Scott Gilbertson for manning the details of the match, membership and support for all of the new shooters.

I had a chance to see old friends, too many to list, and to meet new friends. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again next year.

J. Michael, enjoy the spring. It's served me well. I'm heading to the range this week to calibrate another spring for my UL gun. I will be shooting in Indie this weekend. Let me know how the spring works. On another note, from where did you get one of our prototype mounts? We never had mounts like the one that's serving you on the market. They were our test mounts used to help design our current model.

I guess that I will see some of you in Topton, PA. Since I won't have a team in Topton, PA, if anyone needs someone to shoot on their Stockmeister team, I'm available...............:wavey: :wavey:

See ya on the range!!!
    Bobby

11. GJM89

GJM89

As co-chair person with Andy Fazio, we would like to thank everyone who showed up for the Joysee Match for setting a new Joysee record, It appears we had 317 entries fired with two DNFs for a new record of 315.. Our last record was the first year Andy and I ran the match, and it was 309. We would also like to thank the people who searched us out to tell us how well the match was run and the great job the ROs did.
    Andy and I, at this time would both like to personally thank all the ROs for the professional way they ran the match, conducted the set up and breakdown in record time and who without them there is no Joysee match. Thanks ladies and gentlemen, hope to see you all next year.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: We also wish to thank Scott, Larry, Mark and the entire staff of GSSF Professional. We should never forget that without all of you, and Mr. Glock, there would not be any GSSF match's to get ready for, carry on.