Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get a nice comfortable IWB Kydex holster for my Ruger SR9c for Summer carry(I have a crossbreed for the rest of the year its just not great for summer carry and does not work in all my pants because its quite large and makes the pants too tight lol...but I know a Kydex will work fine in all my pants..I had a RM Lowrider and thats a AWESOME holster..light,great concealment, more comfortable than my Crossbreed..BUT they dont make one for the SR9 yet...

So what have you guys used for IWB Kydex thats a good holster..only one I really know of is the Infidel(i think thats what its called) but anything other than that??

·
Rent this space
9,991 Posts

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Thread Killer
3,422 Posts
Go ahead and email the folks at Raven to see if they can do your SR9c. Wouldn't be surprised if they can.

I've got 1 Phantom for my M&P9c and another on the way for my Steyr M9-A1.

-J-

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Go ahead and email the folks at Raven to see if they can do your SR9c. Wouldn't be surprised if they can.

I've got 1 Phantom for my M&P9c and another on the way for my Steyr M9-A1.

-J-
I will...I mean I know someone has a mold around(thats the excuse everyone else was using to as why they didnt make then...said no mold for gun) but the comp-tac infidel offers it(in SR9) so they must have had something to mold for it...

·
Registered
866 Posts
I use a C-Tac and Raven Concealment. Comp-Tac just sent me their monthly newsletter saying that they will now be producing holsters for the SR9c.

New Gun Releases
Posted 04/08/2010
The Tarus Judge, Stoeger Cougar AND the Ruger SR9C are now ready!! These items will be added to the website Monday afteroon for a select number of IWB and OWB holsters. See the website on Monday for more details!

·
"Old Bill"
2,710 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have had an "Offside" from Alabama Holster Co. for about a week now. Fits my G23 VERY well- good retention, concealable, fairly comfortable, and seems extremely well-made.

I'm happy.

-Charlie

·
Registered
778 Posts
Clint Smith said, "Carrying a gun is not supposed to be comfortable, but comforting".

That being said, IWB carry would be more comfortable with leather.

But if you want Kydex try, www.fist-inc.com

·
Man, I'm Pretty
31,240 Posts
I am wanting to get a nice comfortable IWB Kydex holster for my Ruger SR9c for Summer carry(I have a crossbreed for the rest of the year its just not great for summer carry and does not work in all my pants because its quite large and makes the pants too tight lol...but I know a Kydex will work fine in all my pants..I had a RM Lowrider and thats a AWESOME holster..light,great concealment, more comfortable than my Crossbreed..BUT they dont make one for the SR9 yet...

So what have you guys used for IWB Kydex thats a good holster..only one I really know of is the Infidel(i think thats what its called) but anything other than that??
Comp-tac and Blade-Tech both make nice kydex iwb's.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Clint Smith said, "Carrying a gun is not supposed to be comfortable, but comforting".

That being said, IWB carry would be more comfortable with leather.

But if you want Kydex try, www.fist-inc.com
ive carried with bith I have had regular leather, the current one I have the Crossbreed ST and Kydex. The best and most comfortable,most concealable one ive had was the RM Lowrider in Kydex..that was better than the others in comfort,concealment,and size(thinness). Leather was not uncomfortable...just not(for me) more comfortable.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://alabamaholster.com They make a nice IWB for the Ruger SR9
well so far in looking at what they make this and the Infidel seem to be the only 2 that make them for the SR9...so guess that narrows it down...some of the others I emailed said they dont make them and the others hadnt retuned my emails yet...and yes..im thinking of just getting a less expensive leather one for summer carry also. Mostly because more is made in leather right now than Kydex seemingly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts