close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IWB KYDEX Holster for GLOCK 30 pistol

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jmy, Sep 14, 2002.

1. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

I am thinking of carrying my GLOCK 30 pistol with an IWB KYDEX Holster but my concern is that due to the thickness of the GLOCK 30,it might bulge too much.Could anyone please suggest to me a very good KYDEX IWB Holster that would conceal my GLOCK 30 pistol the most?
    THANKS.

2. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

Try the FIST K-1 Universal IWB. It is made from a very thin Kydex.

3. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

SideArmor makes a good quality Kydex IWB.

clic pic
    [​IMG]

4. JoeG19

JoeG19 1965

For my 30, I use a Comp-Tac 'Pro-UC'. It is not listed on his website but you can call and Greg will tell you about it. It conceals my G30 better than my Sidearmor G19 IWB. I also find the Comp-Tac much more comfortable to wear. In all fairness to Sidearmor, the 30 is smaller in size and I might have had just a much success with one of their's for the 30. I had theirs first, and find it isn't comfortable for me for all day wear and the G19 prints more than I like. The 30 in the Comp-Tac almost disappears. - 'ole joe :cool:

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I've used both a Blade-Tech IWB, FBI cant w/straps and a Sidearmor 15% with belt loops. I prefer the Sidearmor, but both are excellent choices. I carry my G30 nearly every day, 10 hours a day, in the Sidearmor. When going on a long drive, I use the Blade-Tech because the straps allow me to wiggle it around while seated in my van.

6. SAWBONES

SAWBONES Hoplophilic Doc Millennium Member

Another vote for Comp-Tac.
    Of Gregg's several IWB designs, I like the Gurkha best.
    I have Gurkhas for ALL my guns.
    Best.

7. Glock21Owner

Glock21Owner NRA Life Member

Comp-Tac gets my vote too

8. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

Another vote for SidearmorIWB.

9. JoeG19

JoeG19 1965

Seeing's believing. ;)

10. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Comp-Tac carries my Glocks.

Gurkha style.

11. ChaZ

ChaZ Millennium Member

Ky-Tac Braveheart holster is, in my opinion, the best IWB kydex holster ever made for G30. It won't ride up or move around thanks to its "RokLok" extension. Very comfortable to sit down with it without it jutting in your kidney.

More info: http://hometown.aol.com/kytac/

I got it from: http://www.skdtac.com/ (their website is currently under reconstruction, but try to email them anyways)

-ChaZ

12. Ljunatic

Ljunatic On The Fringe

I have the Comp-Tac IWB clip Holster (ProUC)for my G30 and the clip broke off. I felt it crack last week while on vacation, and today its gone. Now , I seem to be very hard on holsters, and I know that Gregg will replace it ASAP. I really like the holster.It conceals well and is very comfortable. But,I had no backup holster , so I've ordered a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 and hopefully it will arrive before Christmas. I have used the SS2 and a Comptac UC for my G17 and I broke the clip off the UC once too. I guess I just need to take it easy on the clips. If I have more problems , I will go to Sidearmor for Kydex,for the reason that the clips are replaceable, and just keep a spare set handy, but you have to wait forever to get a Sidearmor order processed too!

Gregg has sent a new holster. Great customer servoce from Comp-Tac!

13. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I had a Blade-Tech IWB with FBI cant, and was fine with it for a year. But I got a new Gurkha IWB from Comp-Tac, and wow what a difference! It pulls the gun in tighter to your side and the gun doesn't move at all. The Blade-Tech was thicker, dug into my side, and shifted the gun butt back and forth. The Comp-Tac does not.

I'm also getting a FBI-holster (paddle type) for the heck of it from him, the Glocktalk DFW shoot had some free certificates and I got one.

14. RedDevil

RedDevil

Glad to hear the Braveheart conceals the G30 very well.I have used Bravehearts for my PO P-12 and full-size 1911 and they both disappeared.I think the thinner kydex and Rock-Lock are what does it.I just ordered a Braveheart for my new G30 and can't wait to get it.The SA I ordered just didn't do it for me.

15. Puckster

Puckster

I just got a new 30 a week or so ago. It is my first Glock, and I bought a Predator kydex IWB holster for it. After my first time to the range with the gun and holster, I really like both of them. The holster feels good, rides nicely, and the gun goes in and out smoothly. I haven't tried any of the others mentioned here, but the Predator seems to be well worth the money (in the $45 range).