Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my carry permit and I'm about to purchase the 4th gen g26 to be my everyday cc weapon. I've never carried so I don't know much about different holsters. I'm wanting to carry IWB at probably about 5:00. I am a bigger girl and want to be sure I purchase something that will be as comfortable as possible. All suggestions appreciated!! TIA!

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,668 Posts
Take a good look at Milt Sparks. In particular the VM II or the Criterion holster. Both will give you comfort, ease of access and low profile carry.

www.miltsparks.com

Good luck with your purchase and carrying.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Take a good look at Milt Sparks. In particular the VM II or the Criterion holster. Both will give you comfort, ease of access and low profile carry.

www.miltsparks.com

Good luck with your purchase and carrying.
I second this. After wearing Crossbreed, Aliens, Galcos and other IWB holster, the Versa Max II is the only holster I will use.

·
Registered
126 Posts
https://www.n82tactical.com/index.php

I have worn the N82 original for my G19 for almost 8 months. Very comfortable. You won't be disappointed.
The N82 is the first IWB holster I've ever had that didn't constantly remind me I had a gun on my hip. I'm always aware there's something there, but the wide surface area does a good job of distributing pressure and weight. It's very comfortable.

As for the OP, i know a lot of women don't wear functional belts. If you're going to carry on your hip, a good belt is as important as a good holster.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The N82 is the first IWB holster I've ever had that didn't constantly remind me I had a gun on my hip. I'm always aware there's something there, but the wide surface area does a good job of distributing pressure and weight. It's very comfortable.

As for the OP, i know a lot of women don't wear functional belts. If you're going to carry on your hip, a good belt is as important as a good holster.
You'll find that everyone likes their holster and the "best" holster is the one you like the best, just buy something of quality.

However, what Tucker said is an absolute truth. Get a good, sturdy belt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please also check Remora holsters!! Reviews are good and I have two that I am happy with. Cuz, No hassle with belt clips and feeding
your belt thru loops etc.

·
City cop, etc
4,555 Posts
You'll find that everyone likes their holster and the "best" holster is the one you like the best, just buy something of quality.

However, what Tucker said is an absolute truth. Get a good, sturdy belt.

Great post.

I recommend beltman

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJjyD1-ymA"]Prepare to CHL by Bluejay9mm - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk"]Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
Don't just look at the holster, you also need a quality belt. Honestly, a quality belt can make or break the CCW experience.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have a Galco for my G26 and a Foxx for my Nano. Both are good. Leather against the skin (or undershirt) and fitted kydex for the gun. Just make sure you have a gun belt to support the weight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A lot of trying/buying... You'll probably wind up with a drawer full over time lol.... Also, different attire - different holster, etc. I've used and have many for each handgun I carry.

For IWB, I carry at the 5:00 position I use JRC Holster SN models that ride low and have a 25 deg rake. Jim Ryan is owner and gentleman to deal with. I've purchased and sold the P1's he made and found the SN a better platform for me. The JRC holsters I own are for my G23 and J Frame revolver. I use a thick belt as well with these holsters.
I recently purchased, after seeing a friend's, a Stealth Gear Onyx for the summer months with shorts for my G23/27 and I did wear it a few times with jeans and was very pleased. I personally prefer the leather with jeans and I'm sure the Onyx will do fine with shorts.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
I prefer OWB, and find it to be more comfortable and usually just as concealable, but that's me. For IWB, I use a crossbreed supertuck, horsehide, or a sidearmor. Both are great.
I just got my carry permit and I'm about to purchase the 4th gen g26 to be my everyday cc weapon. I've never carried so I don't know much about different holsters. I'm wanting to carry IWB at probably about 5:00. I am a bigger girl and want to be sure I purchase something that will be as comfortable as possible. All suggestions appreciated!! TIA!

·
Formerly TFLWYO
1,367 Posts
A few people have mentioned the Sparks VMII and/or Criterion and also Crossbreed. I don't know if this will help, but here is a comparison of those two holsters as well as the Sparks Nexus. It also has a link to another thread that discusses the Crossbreed Supertuck.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/9611927

I also agree with what others have said about the importance of the belt, and Sparks belts are awesome as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts