Glock 19 IWB holster recommendations - G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nomefur, Sep 27, 2020.

1. nomefur

nomefur

Hi, new into concealed carry. Any recommendation for a good Holster for Glock 19 gen 5

I preferred to spend one time the money on something that will be good quality..

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SAR

SAR CLM

For concealed carry, specifically my Glock 19, my preference is the Milt Sparks Versa Max II and TT Gunleather Mike’s Special IWB. I also have kydex holsters from Tulster which also work well, but they don’t give me the same all day comfort as my leather IWB holsters.

nomefur likes this.

3. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

I highly recommend Foxx Holsters out of Michigan. I’ve been happy with mine for the past two years.

4. ak103k

ak103k

Ill second the Sparks VMII, if youre going to be carrying at around 4-4:30, and leather isnt an issue.

Blade Tech makes some good kydex and injection-molded plastic holsters, that would be my choice for that. I like their Ambi Klipt for AIWB.

5. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Bravo Concealment Torsion.

reloaded6.5 likes this.
  6. leathernuts

leathernuts

Aiwb Seraph by V Development Group or Tenicor Velo4. These are Aiwb recommendations only.

7. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

At what position will you be carrying?

leathernuts likes this.
  8. Featherweight

Featherweight

Crossbreed or g code stealth for appendix

9. superseal

superseal

Stock Glocker likes this.
  10. leathernuts

leathernuts

Here’s the truth if your new to carrying. You will try many. You may prefer leather , you may prefer kydex. Also, IWB may or may not work for you. I can Aiwb my 19 all days long. At the 3-4 o’clock position, I would have difficulty for my build unless I wore larger clothing. I carry only Aiwb only now and your carry location needs to be consistent I.e, don’t rotate your carry location appendix , hip, ankle, you get the idea, except for Duty of course if that applies.

But unfortunately for concealed carry it’s rare you get one holster right the first time.

Mugsie1, Buckshot Barry and superseal like this.
  11. nomefur

nomefur

Beside comfort. What would be pros/cons for kydex vs leather?

Thank you

12. nomefur

nomefur

Thank you for the advice!

13. superseal

superseal

Truth indeed...I've run Uncle Mikes, Remora's, Blackhawks on the outside, Bravo's etc...I do find 9 o'clock OWB as being the most comfortable for this lefty, although not too concealable.

14. leathernuts

leathernuts

Retention, kydex is in/out click, while leather is more friction based. This will be preference. In either case you want good positive retention.

Depending on the maker, leather can breakdown over time possibly breaching the trigger area. Not good on a Glock. But stick to quality mfg like recommended above (milt sparks), I personally Brommeland gun leather and it will be a long time before you reach that point.

Leather can be more aesthetically pleasing, but this is probably subjective. The biggest kicker I’ve learned is the quality kydex mfg are now charging close to these leather mfg prices. At one time that was a pro of kydex, price.

Would like someone else to chime in here. I’m sure there are plenty more not coming to mind.

nomefur likes this.
  15. leathernuts

leathernuts

Dead on- I’ve had many, 3 of which you’ve mentioned

16. Gokyo

Gokyo

The only holster I buy any more is a Milt Sparks Versa Max II.

It is by far the best holster that I know of.

BigMoneyGrip likes this.
  17. SAR

SAR CLM

Recently, I've heard some people say they prefer the Milt Sparks Criterion over the Versa Max II, for comfort and concealability. I may just go that route on my next Milt Sparks. In my opinion, the biggest downside to Milt Sparks is the wait times. I can't ever recall buying a new gun and not buying an "interim holster" while I waited for my Milt Sparks to get done. That's how I originally ended up with a drawer full of Tulster Kydex Holsters (they ship incredibly fast). On occasion, I've actually forgotten I'd ordered a Milt Sparks Holster and was surprise when it showed up 6 or 7 months later.

rock_castle likes this.
  18. SAR

SAR CLM

I have both and here's what I can tell you.

The wait time for a custom leather holster is measured in months. The wait time for a kydex is often measured in days. I have waited 7 months for a Milt Sparks Holster (worth the wait), and I have received a Tulster kydex holster in 3 days. I usually order two holsters for any new gun, a Milt Sparks and a Tulster. The Tulster I get by the end of the week. The Milt Sparks over half a year later. If you want nearly the same quality as Milt Sparks with much less wai ttime, there's always TT Gunleather (4 weeks or so wait).

As far as for actual wear, my Milt Sparks and TT Gunleather holsters are just much more comfortable for me for all day wear. Kydex tends to be hard and I feel it after awhile. Aside from that, Kydex has been known to scratch slides, although Tulster kydex usually won't do that due to the retention points. Some kydex definitely will though if you even care.

The truth is, kydex is better in many. many ways over leather, but holsters are like wristwatches. Some people appreciate a nice finely crafted holster which is like a nice mechanical Swiss watch, and some people are ok with a Timex.

19. Gokyo

Gokyo

My P7M8 has a Milt Sparks Criterion.

I find I do not like the angle as much and I find it harder to draw from.

It must be said that there is nothing wrong with the holster I think it is since all my other holsters are Versa Max II, I am just not used to the the draw angle.

The Criterion hold the P7M8 nice and tight to the body.

It is a great holster too.

20. jr24

jr24

Just received my third Vedder light tuck for Glock 19 (this one to fit a olight pl-mini 2), bar far my favorite holsters.

Glock4life! likes this.