close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IWB Holster - Leather w/ Belt Clip

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Captains1911, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Captains1911

Captains1911

I have been carrying my G23 in a Comp-Tac Pro Undercover for about a year and half, and just today I went to take it off and the belt clip snapped off. Unfortunately due to it's design the entire holster is now useless, I called Comp-Tac and they said they only warranty their products for one year. They have discontinued this holster and replaced it with the Infidel, which has removal clips so that if the clip breaks, all you have to do is replace it, not the entire rig. Comp-Tac refused to offer me even a discount on new one.

Anyway, I have gotten used to this holster, but the kydex can be a little uncomfortable at times, so I was wondering if anybody new of a similar style IWB holster with a belt clip that's made of leather. Also, complete coverage of trigger guard area is a must. I carry around 3:30 to 4:00. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. happy seal

happy seal

Ck out the M-tac, 1/2 leather at least!
    very comfortable at 3:30.

3. SagKC

SagKC

Have decent luck with Bianchi 100 Professional or Don Hume 715 IWB holsters. Both are leather, metal clips and reasonably priced. Carry appendix or around 4:00 with them, usually a G27 or G30.

4. Captains1911

Captains1911

Based on my experience today I will not be giving them anymore of my business.

5. Captains1911

Captains1911

Do either of these COMPLETELY cover the trigger guard on a glock? Any chance you have pics? Thanks.

6. woggie

woggie

Take a look at some of the holsters that Eric does - barberleatherworks.com I have a couple of his holsters and they are very nice. He is a fellow GTer as well.

FWIW the Infidel is a decent holster and good replacement for the CT you had that broke but it should have lasted a lot longer then it did. I have been using Eric's for almost a year and love it. Holsters are tough as everyone has different taste, just my opinion to another, YMMV!

7. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Eric does make wonderful holster's. I have two and their quality is first rate along with comfort.

8. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Too bad the wait is so long, but the Garrity leather is extemely exquisite and wears very well.

ETA: And I doubt the steel clip would ever break (having broken a kydex clip myself).

[​IMG]

9. Captains1911

Captains1911

delete

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  10. woggie

woggie

Here is link to a number of styles he has. He has different colors and leathers as well as a couple of different ways to secure to the belt:

http://barberleatherworks.com/holsterpictures.html

I would drop him a line if you have more questions, he is pretty responsive. Again, my experience has been really good and I love my holster but that is me. I will probably get another one from him for my 1911 but go with an OWB option. Good luck and let me know if you have any oher questions. Thanks!

11. rd3

rd3

try a crossbreed supertuck delux, I haven't tried the comp tac but the crossbreed is guaranteed for life and I don't think anything could ever be more comfortable. I love both of mine

12. Captains1911

Captains1911

I just ordered a holster from Eric, it's exactly like this one but right-handed. He was very helpful when speaking to him over the phone, thanks for the reference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. woggie

woggie

Great to hear, let me know how that setup works for you. I have been looking at a sub-compact as a possible CCW so I would be curious to know how that one works for you. Good luck!

14. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

I have had similar crappy service with Comp-tac. I bought one of their holster (mtac) and it didnt fit the pistol right, obvious manufacturing defect. Since I bought it through a distributor, they wouldnt handle it.

I also had one of their clips break on it, and when I asked if they would replace it, I was informed that they would, for $17.00 plus shipping. So they are not known for standing behind their products (from my limited experience anyway)

15. Captains1911

Captains1911

Now my only problem is what to do in the meanwhile until I receive the holster. My only back-up is a Glock Sports holster, I carried it out this morning and it absolutely sucks! And just a few weeks ago I sold off my Galco holster for my Kimber UCII since I never carry it. Figures.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  16. Captains1911

Captains1911

Screw Comp-Tac, with the number of companies out there who provide top-notch customer service and who will stand behind their products, there is no need to give them any business.

It amazes me how some companies just don't get it. I would have been a loyal customer to Comp-Tac for a long time had they just offered me a small discount or offered to try and repair the broken one. I guess $10 or so wasn't worth it them to retain a customer. The amount of money they won't be receiving from me in the future far out weighs the few bucks it would have cost them to satisfy me in this situation. Oh well.

17. SagKC

SagKC

Sorry for the delay...was not online since this was posted.

Yes, both cover the trigger guard on Glocks, and pics attached (factory photos) in my initial post above show an example of coverage, although I don't have actual pics of mine specifically. Pics shown are Bianchi 100 Professional (upper photo) and Don Hume 715 (lower photo).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  18. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

MTAC by CompTac is the most comfortable holster I've used yet.

19. PSUEng

PSUEng

Galco Royal Gaurd IWB. Belt channels available in black or brown, 1 3/4" or 1 1/4" size.