IWB Carry Help Needed

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 9mmaddict, Aug 7, 2015.

1. 9mmaddict

9mmaddict

So, I got my ccw permit about 2 months ago and I've been trying to find a comfortable way to carry IWB. These are the holsters I have gotten so far AG 2.0, N82 Professional and a Remora clipless holster. My EDC gun is a toss up between my Gen3 G19 & Gen3 G26. I find the AG more comfortable except for the fact that the gun grip rubs the hell out of my skin. The G19 is worst, that's why I bought the G26 last week. The G26 still irritates my skin... but not as bad. I carry at about the 4:00 - 4:30 position. I wear jeans & t-shirt all the time so the only solution I came up with is having to wear a tank type undershirt under my T-shirt which I hate doing especially during the hot summer days.

How does everyone carry IWB and forget there even carrying?????

The belt I am using is a Beltman leather belt 1.5" wide. I would like to carry OWB... so any advice there would be great.

I love my G19... but the G26 seems easier to carry so I feel like I'm "stuck" carrying the G26.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

TonyR5 likes this.
  2. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

personally i like cbst as they're a bit thinner in build than some without sacrificing quality, as well as having a fairly wide footprint for spreading the weight out, which makes for a pretty damned comfortable carry even with a medium metal-framed pistol. honestly though, sounds like you're a good candidate for owb if you plain have issues with any hardware up against you.

I recently mixed in kydex owb for couple of my glocks about a year ago and am kicking myself for waiting as long as i did before making leap. and a loose cover shirt is a hell of a lot more comfortable than the prospect of an undershirt. something to consider anyway. just don't go cheap if you go this route.

3. Genesis

Genesis

I have not carried either of those holsters. However, my son has a N82 and he said it's probably the most comfortable one he's ever worn. Not sure which weapon he used it for. I carry a G17/22/21 in an Old Faithful hybrid or a custom made kydex (by my son) at 3 - 4:30. Can't seem to settle on just one. Both of these are extremely comfortable and I "forget" in context of not fidgeting/constantly adjusting. Over time, you'll realize no one will be watching you to see if you are carrying or not. Most people wont have a clue and could care less. I just make sure my Tee, Polo, or buttoned up front shirt is pulled down when I exit a vehicle or stand up from sitting. I always wear a V-neck T-shirt underneath 24/7 hot or cold. Just feels right. It's a process/journey we all must take - no one size fits all. Don't give up on IWB for I believe that is THE best for concealed carry. Good luck! Here is an earlier thread on the subject:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/im-failing-at-this-iwb-carry-thing-and-could-use-some-help.1521522/

4. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Interesting. I use a Galco Stow-N-Go for AIWB carry of a G19/26 and one for a J Frame snubbie 38 spl
    https://www.galcogunleather.com/stow-n-go-inside-the-pant-holster_8_7_1302.html

I also have a DeSantis Inside Heat molded (all holsters are leather) more for the G19 but I never feel uncomfortable with any of these holsters. A BladeTech injection-molded model for the G19 (mainly) and it, too, doesn't bother me. Don't know why, I'm average ( a little spare around the middle) and no undershirt but all combos never irritate me.

5. 9L0ck

9L0ck

I always wear a tank under my shirt

6. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

For IWB comfort I would recommend a Versa Max II. I have really enjoyed mine over the years.

7. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

8. Glock.Man

Glock.Man

I've been carrying a Glock 27 in a Don Hume IWB hoster in front of my hip bone. It was tolerable for 6 hours plus, but not much more. Because of a drastic change in diet due to type 2 diabetes, the Glock 27 is downright comfortable there now. I've even started carrying my Glock 23 in a Don Hume IWB holster in front of my hip bone with the same results. I don't even know it's there. Tee shirt and Wrangler jeans are my normal weekend wear. I am 5'-7", 162 lbs. Whether the 27 or 23, the gun is invisible in a loose fitting tee. I should add that I protect my "privates" with an added safety to my Glocks, the Siderlock available at Glockmeister. I highly recommend it.

9. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee

I am 5' 7", 165lbs and slim. I carry a G19 Gen4 in a CBST at 4 o'clock. Sometimes I wear a "wife beater", sometimes I don't. I installed a set of Traction Grips to tone down the fairly aggressive grip texture on the Gen4 against bare skin and it has worked out well. I recently picked up an X-Concealment kydex OWB that I have been using a bit. I do find it to be more comfortable and not all that hard to conceal under the right shirts. I don't think I will ever really forget I'm carrying but I can say that it is not uncomfortable.

10. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

11. SCmasterblaster

I used to CCW my G17 IWB @ 11 o'clock. I OWB holster it these days.

12. 9mmaddict

9mmaddict

Hey, thanks for all the advice. I wore my N82 Professional all weekend for 10 hrs a day or more, forcing myself to get used to it. I carried my g26 and I must say that combo is pretty darn good. The comfort level was excellent because of the full pad... so no part of the gun was touching skin. Though I tend to sweat more where the N82 pro sits... but it is a minor irritation and concealment was very very good. There are a few things I don't like about the N82 Pro... but there minor and right now I can't afford to go chasing holsters. I prefer my G19 a little bit over the G26... but the G26 is more comfortable to carry for me. YMMV

So again, THANKS!!! to all.

13. SCmasterblaster

I CCW my Glock G17 @ 11 O'clock with no holster. No discovery since 1989.

14. Anomander

Anomander

ITT lots of skinny people. I see guys with dunlap disease and instantly think "now there's a man who does not carry." But then I think about how big their pockets are and think "don't make this fatty mad."

15. Dave514

Dave514

This same story is how I ended up with the N82 pro. By far the most comfortable for me.

16. TheLionsFan

TheLionsFan

Is it hard to draw with that pad fully in back of the whole gun? The video reviews made it look that way a little bit. Also, how is that retention design they have you have to twist the gun? Is it really that tough? I considered getting an N82 but because of these variables ended up buying an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

17. Dave514

Dave514

No, I find it easier to grab because your thumbnail can run along the leather face and let you get as good or better purchase than my crossbreed style. The retention is simply a dip in the portion of the holster that dips in the front of the trigger guard of the gun. You turn the base of the grip inward slightly on the draw. It takes a couple draws to get used to it but I found it easier than my ALS or Serpa to do quickly. The only thing I don't care for is that the whole set up feels slightly thicker and the single clip adds to that but the fact I can carry it all day without any irritation, especially sitting, makes it well worth it for me.

18. Taekjm

Taekjm

I like to carry a M&P9c appendix in an INCOG. Last summer I was helping my folks move and forgot I even had it on until the struggle to get my soaking wet tshirt off before jumping into the shower when I got home later that day. It was one of those moments where you can't help but laugh at yourself. Been carrying that combo for 2 or more years now.

19. SCmasterblaster

How badly was your handgun harmed by soapy water?!

20. Taekjm

Taekjm

It never made it into the shower. I had forgot I even had it on until I went to undress to take a shower.

Last night I sat hunched over in some bleachers for a couple hours without discomfort. They need to start putting backs on bleachers and retro fit the ones that don't have them. :)