I've taken up smoking.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mhambi, Sep 17, 2018.

1. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

:smoking:

My office is north of these fires. I guess I should say THIS fire, as they've all merged. Smoke is just pouring into the valley. Feel like I'm sitting next to the campfire all day. :ack:

Orange is the now combined Pole Creek and Bald Mountain fires, dark red outline is the older ('contained') Coal Hollow Fire. All merged now.
    [​IMG]

(Not so) humorous part is that they had the opportunity to contain the Pole Creek fire when it was <10 acres... but decided to 'Manage for resource benefit and habitat improvement'. Really? In this year? (we're in extreme drought conditions here people!) :rant:

2. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

3. flyover

flyover

Stay safe. Do you think you will have to bug out? I don't know much about these fires.

4. Pepiot

Pepiot Yippee ki-yay...

I prefer when My Father burns.

5. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

No... I'm good as far as that goes. I know lots of people who have evac'ed out of Woodland Hills and Elk Ridge though. I live south of the fires, but work north of them. My usual route (89) is closed, so I have to take a longer way around.

Back in 2012 i was evacuated for the Wood Hollow fire. This one has pretty much pick up where that one left off.