I've noticed

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mally_b, Apr 25, 2005.

1. mally_b

mally_b Lost

I have noticed some pretty interesting things while I have been in this particular Forum and I wanted to give you all a chance to explain it to me. Most of you appear to be young gentelmen so this question is for those of you that are male.

Do you all hate women or is it just that you don't understand them yet?

In every thread I have read down here where women are brought up you all seem to have some pretty poluted views on what they are and what to do to them. I am only asking cause I want to know the true honest opinion of the generation of Glockers down here. Thank you.
    M

2. Somekid

Somekid Free

We mortals are SO thankful you give us this chance to explain ourselves to you, Queenie.

I think most guys would agree with me, we don't hate women, but we hate having a woman treat us like used toilet paper. Read the guy thread, nobody was advocating him doing bad things to an upstanding and good girl, the girl treated him like sh*t.

Your turn, explain to us how you view men.

3. Aphotic

Aphotic happy-go-lucky

Mally_B,

It's not all guys who have these views of women.

It's kind of a vicious cycle, really. Some guys have a difficult time talking to girls or interacting with them in social settings. Because of this they get stressed every time they DO have a chance to interact with a girl. Because they are stressed, they end up blowing their chance with the girl and are sometimes left feeling inadequate. These feelings of inadequacy build up over time and eventually the guy just writes ALL women off as being a certain way.

A very good friend of mine is 21 years old. In his entire existence, he's dated one girl for roughly 6 months. He was 17 years old at the time. To this day, when we go out together, I have to go out and find girls for him to talk to. I have to initiate his conversations for him. I usually end up having to coach him through the entire encounter.

I'm not by any means a stud or a ladies man at all, but I have seen the grass on both sides of the fence, so I understand why some men (especially some on this site) have the views that they have towards women.

In most places, a guy who is really into shooting sports may come off as a little strange to many potential dates.

After I've been dating a girl steadily for 3 months, I'll talk to her about firearms and shooting sports. To this day, I haven't dated a girl who hasn't gone to the range with me at least 5 times.

PM me.

4. mally_b

mally_b Lost

I am very sorry that you feel I was being rude. I meant no offense.

5. Steelviper

Steelviper

+1 on Aphotic.

You are looking at a demographic (the young males) that potentially have had a limited (relative to the whole life) experience with females, some of which are negative. These negative experiences are often taken very personally, leading to some of the pent up aggression you might see manifested. It's something all (or at least a lot) of guys go through, I think.

I've found that experience and time help put everything in perspective.

6. VinVega

VinVega Duct Tape?

The thing about being young is that it's hard. Being a young male is just as hard as being a young female when it comes to the other sex. As a teenager, and somewhat even now at 22, I never hated women, but I was very frustrated by them. The reason is that we meet more of them where things DON'T work out than where things DO. The thing about being a guy is, at least for me, I find it easier to deal with the feelings through sarcasm than by taking the whole thing seriously and trying to talk it out. Might not be the best way, but it definitely is the easiest way, especially when young. No need to be too serious yet.
    Hope this helped a little, mally.:)

7. Somekid

Somekid Free

Mally, don't worry about it.

Now, how bout explaining to us how you view men? Lot of guys have shared ours on women, why not kick your POV back.

8. khaitran

khaitran

The reason girls/women annoy or frustrate me are they are so dang stubborn. (dont get me wrong, guys are too) but the girls i have dealt with get something in there mind, like a grudge for instance and will not let it go. Plus they dont understand boys and there toys. guns, motorcycles, etc. dont get me wrong,i love women :)

9. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Now see, that is your problem. I love guns, dirt bikes, and motorcycles. I think part of the problem here is that younger men tend to look at appearances only, and then are confused and dissappointed when they are dating someone with the personality of a pet rock. Expand your horizons a little, you may just be pleasantly surprised. :)

10. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Oh and guys, women are just as frustrated by men. When I was your age, it was a challenge to find a man that had an interest in you beside what was under your clothes. ;)

11. Aphotic

Aphotic happy-go-lucky

This is for all the guys on this thread.

Aphotic's Dating Tip #1:

The fastest way to find out what is under a woman's clothing is to make that a non-priority. Pay her some attention and show her that you're interested in her personality and the physical part will fall into place much faster than you think.

Trust me.

12. Falcon501

Falcon501 Fâlcón

;z ;z ;z

13. stiletto raggio

stiletto raggio

As long as her guns aren't I]all[/I] under her clothes, I'm good to go.

Seriously, though, women are my number one hobby. I like women like I like guns: all shapes, sizes and styles, as long as they go "bang!"

14. phrkshw

phrkshw

+1 about the demegraphic. men that are on this website are obviously into guns and the internet. Those are not exactly two things that women are jumping up and down with joy about if they find them in a man.

I think a lot of guys probably have a hard time keeping this life and the dating world seperate. There are not enough pro-gun women to go around. So if you expect to date someone you better meet them, get to know them, and then break the news about guns as subtly as possible.

Most girls these days view an interest in guns as generally(meaning these are the girls that dont know better, dont all you women get all bent out of shape, if you are reading this it OBVIOUSLY doesnt apply to you) one of two things: "he's a redneck" or "he's trying to be a thug." This of course depends on how you look.

So i can see where a lot of guys could have problems. Generally i dont talk about guns with the general public because i dont want anyone to know i have them. So i dont get the above judgements thrown at me too often.

15. mally_b

mally_b Lost

Thank you all for your views I appreciate your honesty. You asked my view on men well. I believe inside every man is a gentleman who desires to protect those he cares about. Not every man lets this nature out and some even force the nature to prevert itself. I have never meet a person I could not get along with male or female and I have had my share of pain. In the end though I feel every bump was worth the dance. I am still relativly young 24 almost 25 and yet I feel I have a decient grasp on how to treat others. I may not have found the right guy yet to fit my quirky personality but I do know time spent with the wrong one always leads to a better understanding of what I am looking for in a man. Every day is an adventure and every guy is diffrent and I respect them all.

16. Somekid

Somekid Free

Hey mally, what state are yah in?

17. mally_b

mally_b Lost

Why???

I am in California to my dismay. One day I hope to move possibly to Texas or a state with beauty and decent laws and less sheep pretending to be people. ;g

18. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Yet? HA! We'll never understand y'all!;)

19. Somekid

Somekid Free

It sounded like you were looking, and I was curious.

Come to Tennessee, better gun laws than TX, and getting better. Lots of mountains, woods, and single men.

20. mally_b

mally_b Lost

True but likewise we will never understand you all either;f