Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before tonight my favorite gun to shoot was my gen4 G21. I also used it as my carry gun about 1/3rd of the time. The rest of the time I carried my gen4 G19. I have lost over 50 pounds over the past 6 months (intentionally), and the 21 just doesn't conceal the way it used to. Today I picked up a gen4 G30. I've been waiting and looking for a 30s, but decided to get the gen4 30 today. It just felt good in my hand. Took it to the pit to wring it out a little, and all I can say is WOW! All of the 45 accuracy and general awesomeness I enjoy from my 21 in a package that conceals as well and is as fast out of the holster and on target as my 19. What an incredible firearm! It will definitely be riding in my holster full-time starting tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Congrats on your G30!:cool: They are good shooters.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Gen4 G30 is a sweet little powerhouse. thanks to its thick slide, it recoils very soft. It accurate as well. I like packing it

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i have a Gen 3, and carry it every day. Great shooter, extremely reliable, great capacity and very concealable even though I am 6'1", 180 lbs. What more can you ask for? Congrats on a great gun!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got done putting another 100 down the pipe. Spent entire practice session pulling from concealment and firing a controlled pair at a chest high 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper. Started at 10' for the first 10, then 15' for 10, then 20' for 10, you get the idea, last two sets of 10 at 50'. I ain't no marksman or wanna be opporator. I missed one at 35' (low on first shot at that distance), missed two at 45', and was 15 for 20 at 50'. This gen4 30 has better balance than either my 19 or 21, I'm more accurate with it than either of the other two, it conceals as well as the 19, and I'm just as fast from holster to 2 rounds on target as with any other pistol I own or have shot. This little hand cannon may render all of my other carry guns into obsolete safe queens.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats they are great guns

did you think about the 30S or was that not even in your consideration

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I overlooked the G30 for years, but recently picked up this G30 Gen4......super defensive weapon!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hunter, I was looking/waiting for a 30s, because the research I had done indicated that my G19 holsters would work with the 30s. Then reading and watching some reviews by Hickock45 and Ayoob lead me to thinking the thicker and heavier slide is what gives the 30 its destinctive push recoil to help with repeat shots and general accuracy compared to a more "snappy" recoil like a .40. All I know is that I am very happy with my decision to get the gen4 30. It makes me almost look like a shooter.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Hunter, I was looking/waiting for a 30s, because the research I had done indicated that my G19 holsters would work with the 30s. Then reading and watching some reviews by Hickock45 and Ayoob lead me to thinking the thicker and heavier slide is what gives the 30 its destinctive push recoil to help with repeat shots and general accuracy compared to a more "snappy" recoil like a .40. All I know is that I am very happy with my decision to get the gen4 30. It makes me almost look like a shooter.
congrats on your G30. IMO, other than weight savings of 50 cents worth of weight in your pocket, the 30S offers no advatage. concealment wise, they are both the same. The 30S still have the thick frame that the thin slide rests on.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,937 Posts
Held a gen 4 30 last week. Decided I must have one. Now trying to find one as a program gun. Nothing here in El Paso, may do a days drive each way if I can locate one in East TX. The 30 was the best feeling gun in my hand I can remember.

·
Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
I have a gen3 20 and a gen4 21 I love and carry both at differant times, knowing that would you recommend a gen4 29or 30 for carry?
I have those two pistols also and if I were looking for a carry version, I'd definitely go with the G30 of some flavor. I'm a big 10mm fan but knowing that you can always find your pistol's ammo on the local shelves is a nice feeling. That big ol' .45 slug in 230 grain is nothing to sneeze at either. It's done a great job of putting bad guys in the ground for over 100 years.

Like most of these reviews, my 30 gets carried a whole lot more than my 29 because it is such a soft, accurate shooter. It's a no-brainer for self defense.

·
JABRONI AUTIST
7,679 Posts
I think my Gen4 G30 is possibly the most accurate Glock I've ever shot, it's insane. It's not the the others are bad, but the 30 just seems to put them in darn near the same hole. I have mine loaded up right now with some 230gr Federal HST.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts