close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I've got a few questions? Help

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by xring04, Feb 28, 2006.

1. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

Well I have started on my lifestyle change.

Big thing is I need to loose weight(errr, sctartch that fat!)

Well here is what I am doing.

For the last two weeks I have been drinking tons of water.

I have cut my calorie intake to about 1000-1200 a day. All good food too, no junk, soda etc... Just lean meats and veggies. Also had to cut bear and boose out all together.

Started working out. 45 mins of cardo, and 20-30 of strength training. 5-6 times a week

So what else do I need to be doing, what should I avoid?

I weigh as of right now 302, I want to be down to 225, So I need to loose another 77 lbs.

I started out @ 319.

2. beavis1957

beavis1957 GO GAMECOCKS!

Might want to up the calorie intake a bit. If you go too low too long, your body will go into "starvation mode" as I understand it. Up it a little, or at least have a cheat day once a week to let your body know you're not starving.

As for making the commitment, CONGRATS!!! I started on Jan 2nd, and am down to 220 from 238. Good luck.

3. DBradD

DBradD

Your food choices seem sensible to me. I like your workout ideas. I'd say you're going to do great now that you've decided to make that leap.

I second the recommendation to increase your calories. Otherwise, you increase your chances of burning out and giving up. Remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint. Use the various internet bmr (basal metabolic rate) calculators to estimate the number of calories to maintain your bodyweight. Knock 500-1000 off that and you'll drop weight in a hurry and not feel like you're gonna die. I dropped 32 lbs in 4 months by eating 1500 calories/day. My best estimate was that my initial bmr was about 1900, so that was only a 400-500 calorie deficit per day.

Edit: If you're not doing it already, I recommend that you start counting your calories. My wife and I both started seeing great results when we started doing this. We log everything now. It becomes second nature. I even log protein, carbs, and fat. The reason is simple. It's very easy to think you're eating the right number of calories and be over by enough that you don't have much of a deficit. This is one of your worst enemies.

Good luck!

DBD

4. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

down to 295

Started to up my cals to about 14-1500 because I am working out.

Kinda cheated with a couple of brews the other night, but back on track.