close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I've been searching for used but...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hamburger, Mar 31, 2010.

1. hamburger

hamburger

I been searching all over the internet for a used glock to save a few bucks but all I come up with for the most part are things like:

1) I only shot 50 rounds through them
    - can't really tell so why not say only 6 rounds shot through it
    2) My loss is you gain. $450.00
    - brand new with a LE Discount, get a buddy to buy it for you if you have to, is $399 around here. Glock and Sig Sauer does LE discounts
    3) has night sights, holster and an extra magazine to total 3 mags
    - LE package comes with 3 mags

If this was an ad for used cars, would it translate to:

1) Only 50 miles. All highway miles
    2) 2010 Toyota Corolla for $25,000.00. My loss is your gain
    3) Toyota Corolla for after market radio, 16" rims and I'll throw in a spare tire.

Some of these used gun posts (some, not all) seems so silly to me. I could understand some prices for rare, hard to find Glocks. I could understand a selling price somewhere between the cheapest brand new glock and the gun dealer's cost price. Of course the general public will not know the secret of the wholesale price, but selling a used gun for more then the cheapest brand new price out there is a bit overboard. Maybe these sellers overpaid and really believe they are selling it for a bargain? Maybe they believe the world will end in 2012?

I was looking for a used glock, but I take Bradey Bill and tax into account and it's close. I think I'm just gonna buy a new one.

Can someone shed some light on this please?
    What would you do?

2. Dave T

Dave T

The other side of this coin is trying to sell a used Glock. I have been to 6 different shops trying to sell a old but not abused G20 and the most I was offered was $300 and that was only one place. These are dealers who have used G20s & G21s for sale for $450 to $500. Guess they aren't making enough selling new guns and need to make up for it with big mark-ups on the used stuff.

Needless to say I still have the G20 and it's original magazines.

Dave

3. hamburger

hamburger

I think $300 is the going rate. Well, for my neck of the woods, it is. DOC here uses the G22 so most of the CO's have various glock .40 calibers. There are a lot of G22 and G23 being sold by them for $300 +/-, but I'm looking for either a G26 or G27 and they all seem to hold onto their G27's. I think that might be the best compliment to my G.45acp's.

4. Bob469

Bob469

without gssf or le pricing most places charge 525-550... add tax your lookin at like 580ish... so for people that paid this... 450 is a good price considering a glock with 50 rounds or 500 rounds isnt gonna change is performance...

ontop of it... many people love their glock and are just looking for another one... and not interested in taking a huge loss so they have to fork out even more for the model their looking for...

sounds like you need to either join gssf or get someone to get you LE pricing... or keep hunting for a deal...

5. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

OP- To me, you can NOT put a price on the lifetime investment of a relaible firearm.

You are being too strict in your search. Know what you want, get it and enjoy it. Life is short and the prices on Glocks (new or used) are going to keep going up.

Pull the trigger and make it happen.

6. JVO

JVO

Exactly
    Sometimes, not always it is just easier to spend the extra $50 or so than make urself crazy looking for something you may not find. :dunno:

7. AZson

AZson

I'm looking for a 19 my self.

8. Range Rat

Range Rat

9. hamburger

hamburger

Let me clarify. I'm not being too strict with my search. I'm willing to buy a new Glock 26/27 for $399. I have no problem with that. I'm just not in any hurry. The point I'm trying to make it that USED Glocks go for more when I initially did a search. That just seems a little crazy to me. I could not believe that so many people are selling used Glocks for more then what some can get for a NEW Glock.

If someone paid $500+ for their Glock and is trying to sell it for $450 (for arguement sake), more power to them. But the rules of retail/wholesale/resale does not seem to apply with Glocks.

10. Klipper

Klipper Not Assimilated

Don't know where you are but in South East MI one of the dealers sells used Police Glocks for $319. I've read other posts on GT about many other places that also sell these guns.

11. ndhill

ndhill ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm deciding right now whether or not to sell my G27. I've hit some hard times, and it might be the last thing I can sell at this point. So, if I decide to sell (it would be soon) I'll PM you. $400 sounds like a fair price. :dunno:

12. Glock-1982

Glock-1982

I know what you mean. Look at the prices of what's being sold here.

13. Roarak

Roarak

Most ppl are buying NIB Glocks for right around $500.00, so 400-450 for a used gun is a fair deal. If you can get a NIB gun for $399.00, go buy it. You are going to be hard pressed to find a deal like that on a used gun.

14. loki993

loki993

Honestly 450 is probably the going rate for a used Glock and probably a decent price. Ive seen plenty of ad asking much more than even that. Basically asking an as new price for a used gun, somewhere in the 500 dollar range.

also I don't think Ive EVER seen a used glock for 300. Maybe Im looking in the wrong places, lol.

I do agree I have seen a lot of ads for used guns that have what I would consider high prices. Ive seen plenty of ads asking what you can get the gun new for. I never got it. I basically at the point where I probably wont look for a used gun when I want to buy. Sorry but if I'm only going to save a little bit of money ill just buy a new one.

15. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

I'd be hesitant to buy a used gun via the internet. You cannot see the gun or handle it before you buy it. You could be getting a gun in like-new condition, or you could be getting a gun that was used for torture tests on youtube - you just can't tell. You usually have to add shipping. And in my state , Kalifornia, you can only buy a used gun through an FFL dealer - so add in their fee, plus shipping, plus 10% tax, all that pretty much wipes out any savings i would get by buying a gun by internet.

If you want a used gun, why not stick to the ones in the gun shops, or even the pawn shops? In my area there are plenty of fine used guns if you are willing to look around, and sometimes just wait a few weeks.
    (2 weeks after i paid $600 for my new G26, the gun store had a used one, like new, in their showcase for $475 - ARGGG!!!)

I have bought two used guns, my ruger P85 pistol i paid $250 for in 1997, and my used Mini 14 i got in 2008 i paid $550 for. No problems with either of them...but i would never have bought either gun sight unseen.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  16. hamburger

hamburger

Loki - I'm with you on just getting NIB. Probably by the end of spring, I'll buy a new Glock 26.

Markasaurus - FFL dealer cut + shipping + seller's interpretation of "like new" may cost more then local tax + Brady Bill.

http://www.americanshooters.com/
    http://www.discountfirearmsinc.com/

Call these guys and ask them about their LE discount. They both sell BRAND NEW Glocks for $399.99 that come with THREE magazines.

Cops, fire fighters, emt and so on and so on get's this discount. If you don't fall into this catagory, make friends. It's not against the law.

Selling used Glocks for more should be.

17. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  18. MonsterB

MonsterB

for what its worth I have never seen a used glock of any kind for less than 400$ around southern nh, and any that I do see are gone within a week...I have never seen used glock 19's, 26's, 27's, and only one 23 that was gone the next day...at 425$ with only one extra mag and no box or anything else....makes me want to sell my 26 and get another one new but honestly I think mine is almost better than new...its smoothed out with shhoting and still has never had any issues...I can see why used ones get such good money

19. Glock-1982

Glock-1982

Does "almost better then new" put it above or below new? :rofl:
    Just messing with you.

I found these.
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1202471
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204037
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204083

Some of these WTS ads make me crack up. Of course they all shoot without problems, it's a freakin glock. DUH!

20. PlanForTheWorst

PlanForTheWorst

400-450 is fair for a used glock.. after all, you can always send to glock and they'll look it over and replace anything it'll need anyway.. save that extra 50-100 for ammo!