It's the ordinary Joes, not the liberal elites, who are allowing society to continue to function

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by 4Rules, Mar 31, 2020.

1. 4Rules

4Rules

There in something almost innately spiteful about the mavens of the media and the professional classes, when they see any of those who they believe are their “lessers” doing real things to help. Their reflex is always to mock them, deplore (a Hillary Clinton term) their beliefs, belittle their existence and deny that they have anything to contribute, even when, demonstrably, they do.
    https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-its-the-ordinary-joes-not-the-liberal-elites-that-are-allowing-society-to-continue-to-function-during-covid-19?video_autoplay=true

JFrame likes this.
  2. billy_56081

billy_56081

On our company conference call Monday, one of the "essential " blue caller guy spoke up and really offended the non essential workers on the call.

mike from st pe likes this.

3. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Couldn't agree more

The heroes in this thing are the truck drivers, janitors, warehouse workers etc of this country

UncleDave and hooligan74 like this.
  4. Ekmek75

Ekmek75

I own a pizzeria in Tulsa. People have been uncharacteristically nice , for once, now that I’m an essential worker.

5. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

hopefully tipping well too

hooligan74 likes this.
  6. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

So how did the Whole Foods walkout go today? I have only been in one once. Long before this scare. Never intend to go back. Fruits were not just in displays. (Ok they were on display and too dang friendly with customers.). If that’s what women go thru... but I can glare.

7. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

this could go into a very lengthy conversation but boiled down the bare essentials are the most important , food water shelter and a way to provide for such family and god everything else is decoration (good or bad). After the housing crash alot of folks reevaluated their lives to determine what was really important to them , many unloaded unnecessary crap like getting out of debt and living with less. Also I think the 'net' has alot of good aspects but many more bad ones like social media, hollyweird trash and agendas being pushed through the media are something that needs purged out of society

robhic likes this.
  8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Just to point out the obvious - none of those blue-collar guys are volunteers, working for free. Without the white-collar guys, those businesses wouldn't exist and those employees wouldn't be working.

9. drumgod

drumgod

IMO, both "types" are necessary. The truck driver might be on the front lines doing the job but without a trucking company he wouldn't have a job to do. Physically moving the load is just one facet of the service being provided.

10. hooligan74

hooligan74

We are intentionally eating out more often than normal (takeout) and tip 25%. The last thing I want is for my favorite local establishments to be shuttered because of this.

PattonWasRight likes this.
  11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

How does it make sense to "social distance" to avoid exposure to other people, then eat food made by those other people? Seems like you'd be better off hanging out in crowds and shaking everybody's hand.

Simi_gun_guy likes this.
  12. Ekmek75

Ekmek75

Those ‘other people ‘ wash their hands about 6,000 times a day, wear gloves and wipe down surfaces with highly-concentrated bleach solution. I have washed my hands so much and had them exposed to so much bleach the past few weeks that my fingerprints are almost worn away. Order takeout. You will be fine.

robhic and hooligan74 like this.
  13. hooligan74

hooligan74

You're free to not follow suit.

I'm trying to support local businesses as much as I can during this time.

https://www.businessinsider.com/exp...rder-takeout-delivery-food-coronavirus-2020-3

14. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I paid $25 for a Domino's pizza a week ago ... at the drive-through.

hooligan74 likes this.