close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"It's the circle of life...."

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by StoneGiant, Jul 31, 2006.

1. StoneGiant

StoneGiant

Before Marriage

[​IMG]

After Marriage

[​IMG]

After Divorce

[​IMG]

2. Dandapani

Dandapani

This phenomenom is so prevalent in US culture today that we make jokes about it. I've always wonder when did this start to occur, what are the causes, what are the solutions (besides www.nomarriage.com). Someone needs to do a PhD thesis on this. I'm genuinely fascinated by this. (Sure, we have members report that they don't get it, they aren't affected by it, etc., but this still impacts, IMHO, a majority of relationships in our society, or why else would jokes like these be so common and well understood.) Sorry to bring the mood down, but I'm just curious.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Perhaps because after marriage, guys think they can go around and spend all their time with their buds and just come home and drop some sperm wherever they want and wimmins expect their husbands to do every ever-loving thing they ask them to do.

Of course, if everyone just SHUT THE FARGIN TV OFF AND TALKED, there might be less divorce. If she ain't yer best friend, don't get married. And if a wimmins can't be yer best friend, yer gay. ;)

5. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

I don't know, ask this guy...
    [​IMG]

6. DTQ

DTQ c8h10n4o2 me

:goodpost:

7. StoneGiant

StoneGiant

Sadly, it takes two to Tango. And when the female doesn't want to dance, the court is on her side... regardless of the circumstances.

Your comments are an insult to many of us.

8. Dandapani

Dandapani

Gotta agree with SG on this one. Just be glad Dennis, you don't have this problem. But you don't have to spit on those less fortunate than you.

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I gotta ask: Point out the insult and spit. Please. 'cuz I didn't mean that by it. My comments were frank, but the truth. Your marriage comes FIRST before everything. I know mine does.

I get called a wuss and worse by friends who are single and want me to go here or there or whatever. Ya know what? Push comes to shove - I'd rather spend that time with my wife.

It DOES take two to tango. Slide 2 above doesn't come from your woman waking up one morning and thinking that she must make your life a living hell for the rest of eternity. It comes from a lengthy period of time when you drift apart. The slide is clearly from the man's point of view. "Why is she *****in at me again?" Of course, HER perspective is totally different.

Are there marriages where the guy gives 100% and the wife just turns into a shrew just because? Yes. Is that a COMMON occurance? No. It takes 2 to tango and the culture today tells you that you don't need to spend time to get a good relationship.

Boy, I'm winding up on this one. I'm not pickin on guys here. It's that I'm tryin to show the otehr side. I get it from divorced wimmins too. They talk of how insensitive men are and I try and portray that it isn't all the GUY'S fault either.

10. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

+1