close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It's SABOTAGE!!!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Hollywood D, Feb 16, 2010.

1. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

Paging CoCheese

2. PROSOUTH

PROSOUTH

Who is that Sparky & Hunch?

:rofl:

3. Unistat

Unistat

How come they never play that show on TV Land? :crying:

:)

4. Gangrel

Gangrel

When this song first came out, I hated it...

Now that I'm older and wiser, I love listening to it at work, especially when writing tickets.

5. opskmallory

opskmallory

Definitely one of my favorite videos & songs of all time. Love the hood slide @ 1:30. :)

6. ctaggart

ctaggart

Favorite band of all time.

7. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

You guys know they (Beastie Boys) are big "free Mumia" supporters right? Doesn't stop me from liking some of their music, but I wouldn't purchase anything with their name on it.

8. Gangrel

Gangrel

One could hardly be a fan of anything if we were to base it on who the artists/actors/contenders supported

9. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

10. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

Very true....

Maybe that's why I hate mass media so much

11. ctaggart

ctaggart

They also performed concerts to raise money for Obama's campaign. They're free to do such things, things that I don't agree with. This here's 'Merica! It won't stop me from liking their music.

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Nothing wrong with that. Most of what Hollywood puts out is pure schlock anyway. Movies, music, tv, etc. all suck and is full of liberal brainwashing propaganda or mindless violence and gratuitous sexual overtones that not being a fan of them wouldn't mean too big of a loss.

I did enjoy "An American Carol" though. I am surprised a conservative movie like that got green lit in Hollywood. Kelsey Grammar is awesome. I never liked Frasier, but I gained a new respect for him after that movie. Tom Selleck is another actor that stands behind his conservative principles, too bad he doesn't work anymore. Guess I will have to be satisfied with Quigley Down Under.

Team America pretty much outlines which actors/actresses I will never patronize. Anyone in the Film Actors Guild is banned.

I never watched any of the Jason Bourne movies, no Alec Baldwin, no Tim Robbins, no Susan Saradon, Jeannine Garofalo, Sean Penn, etc.

Guess what? I don't think I am missing anything that great either.

13. Gangrel

Gangrel

Well... I'd say you do miss out on some great movies there, but to each his own. I'm a movie freak and I don't really care about anyone's politics.

14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I am a movie freak too and I have been hooked since college on all facets of cinema, but it's more of the artistic and literary aspect that hooks me, more than any particular actor.

What did I miss... let's see...

Shawshank Redemption
    Dead Man Walking
    The Bourne Trilogy
    Good Will Hunting
    The Good Shepherd
    The Client
    The Getaway
    Heaven's Prisoners
    The Ghosts of Mississippi
    The Truth about Cats and Dogs

Gee... what other literary masterpieces have I missed out on?

Throw in Will Smith in the mix too for his assinine comments (circa 2008) which are about as good as anything said by Mrs. Obama about America not being worthy of pride until now when we finally had a serious Black contender for president. Will Smith didn't have any problems taking hundreds of millions from the American people though. Let's see, so that adds:

7 Pounds
    The Pursuit of Happyness
    Enemy of the State
    I am Legend
    MIB 1&2

I have watched good movies worthy to be considered on par with the best works of literature, and I have watched some horrible stuff, and while I won't say I will totally boycott a movie based on the actors, I will be less likely to spend any money on them in theatres and watch them for free on cable instead.

15. Gangrel

Gangrel

Well, yeah. I can't say you're missing any major literary adaptations or stories for the ages... Shawshank would be the closest to that. However, Bourne movies are fun... The Departed was a good movie. That's probably about it.

16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Some of the best movies have no big name actors or are just so well written that it's not a star vehicle, but rather just a showcase for the story and the cinematography. Movie making as an artform and modern literature is a craft that is rapidly disappearing in Hollywood as the studios are busy turning out big money schlocks that mindlessly entertain the masses with predictable plotlines played by the same tired actors rehashing the same roles over and over.

The Kite Runner (Afghanistan) was awesome, as is Downfall (German). Both are foreign films with great plots and good performances by non-Hollywood types. The original Shall We Dance (Japan) was also beautifully played with each actor displaying nuances which is terribly missing in the American version. If you liked The Departed, go watch the original Infernal Affairs (Hong Kong) and I guarantee you'll like that version better.

I also love 100 Girls with a pre-famous Katherine Heigl, Moulin Rouge for the beautiful cinematography/choreography, and Strictly Ballroom for its simplistic approach to story telling. No special effects, no big names, no complicated plots, just a good solid story with great performances.

I think LA Confidential is a great movie because it is an ensemble cast. No one actor dominated the movie which has a great plot. James Ellroy knows character development and the movie stayed pretty faithful to his vision.

I even liked Bright Lights, Big City because the book was so awesome. Less Than Zero was another one by Brett Ellis that showed the same nihilism in modern life, albeit from another angle.

I can go on and on, but my mind is filled with great movies for one reason or another and I have no need to watch any of the schlock made by and with those liberal leftist actors. My life is better, dare I say, by cutting out their presence in my life.

17. Hollywood D

Hollywood D

thread hijackers lol

18. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

19. RMolina628

RMolina628 got a job!

every time my two year old watches this she exclaims " look daddy grandpa's working!" yes my dad had the sideburns and the aviators, not to mention the old shoulder rig