It's official... Hoosier GT? get together!

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by Indy_Guy_77, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

Sunday, September 23rd.

Eagle Creek Pistol Range...near West 56th St. and I-465 on Indy's west side. Please google it for more accurate directions. (or wait until someone is nice enough to provide links, etc)

Time: 10:00am to 4:00pm. Come all day, or come part of the day

Bring your own provisions, both edible and explosive! (please, save the explosive edibles for when you get home) There are picnic tables at the range property. Eagle Creek Park itself (entrance down the road), is, unfortunately a "Firearm Free Zone". Keep that in mind for your picnicing needs.

It would seem that everyone's favorite ECPR Range Officer(s) sjstill and epsylum may see to it that we GTers have Range 2 to use.

Be prepared to pay up to $15 for the privelage of shooting here...all day pass.

Also remember: We are ambassadors to shooting and shooting sports. No one else may know who we are or whey we're gathering, but let's be sure that ECPR will have us back again some day.

-J-

2. epsylum

epsylum Guest

3. Scutter01

Scutter01

If I'm an ambassador, I demand diplomatic immunity. :rofl:

4. Indy_Guy_77

A wise guy, eh? :laughabove:

One in every bunch! hehe

Made me chuckle!

-J-

5. sjstill

sjstill Guest

When you show up, tell Julie you are there for the GT thingy - she'll tell you where to go.... :rofl: :rofl:

6. epsylum

epsylum Guest

Downrange? :supergrin:

7. Dyerbill

Dyerbill

I'll be hiking in North Carolina that day but, you guys have fun and TRY to behave for a change.:banana:

Go Indiana Glockers:thumbsup:
    Tell Steve I work for ***

8. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Guest

It's probably been over a year since I got out to EC anyway. It's just too far to go on my limited time.

9. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

Hey! The Colt's kickoff is at 1:00PM on Sunday Sept 23rd with Houston and they are 2-0 as we are.

Count on me but gotta scoot home early for the game. Does the *$15.00* cover a ride along guest that's not shooting?
    :thumbsup:

10. sjstill

sjstill Guest

We normally don't charge observers, but we do have them sign the liability waiver.

11. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

10-2 Loud and clear, thanks my friend for the prompt reply! :)

12. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

I'ts set! Now I just need to figure out if I can make it.:banana:

13. Indy_Guy_77

Seriously... Are we supposed to ask Julie (gate attendant?) where we're supposed to go?

I ain't ne'er been to ECPR b'fore. :supergrin:

-Jared

14. epsylum

epsylum Guest

She is not at the gate, but in the first bay at the picnic table. You may need your ears on before you go in there if the line is hot as it gets pretty loud in there.

That is where you hand over your cash. :supergrin:

15. sjstill

sjstill Guest

Just make sure you come to the Range, not the main part of the park!!! :laughabove:

Julie (my wife) has been volunteering there (along with my son Brian) for a couple years now. She mostly takes care of signing people in and cheerfully taking their money. :thumbsup:

She's also become pretty dang good at diagnosing shooting problems :hearts: :hearts:

16. Scutter01

Scutter01

"Hmm...you seem to have a chunk of metal stuck in the tube part. Lemme get a screwdriver..." :supergrin:

17. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

:~(

Just got home from St. Vincent ER...My dog just about tore my left

thumb off at 8AM this morning!!! %#&%[email protected]*%# Animal !!! This is the

worse dog bite I've ever had. Took 12+ loose stitches to put the skin

back on the top of my hand. It's the 6th bite on my hands from him, a

3 Year old pure bread Black & White 58 lb. English Springer

Spaniel. The bite was on my only good hand (left) my right hand is

numb from pinched & ruptured nerves in my neck. I've been attempting

to train shooting left handed, it's hard to lift a full gallon of

milk w/right hand. I still plan to come to the Sunday Shoot

although doubt if I'll feel like running a bunch of rounds. I've

actually hand worse human bites while working Juvenile IDOC. Pain

pills are kicking' in and posting with one hand. I'll be 10-7 in my

Lazy boy for a while. (_Zzz_)

18. mpholic

mpholic

Wow, and the dog is still alive? Sooner or later he is going to bite someone else and then you're going to get sued. Hope he's worth all the trouble.

19. epsylum

epsylum Guest

I have been one of those "someone else"s. It isn't fun being 6 years old and having over 120 stitches in the face and nearly loosing an eye. Then we find out I was the second kid the dog had bitten and thankfully I was the last as they put him down the same day.

It took me a while to get used to being around dogs again, especially the bigger ones. I have since come to appreciate cats. I have been scratched a gazillion times by cats, but I have never needed anything more than a band aid.

That being said, I am not against getting a dog in the future, just I need to make sure I have the time and space to properly take care of one.

20. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

10-4 on the legal issues, if you have seen Cesar Milan on the NGEO Channel, I've been attempting to train this dog with his style of calm assertive techniques and putting him into a calm submissive state to overcome his overpowering need for his hunting instinct to take over. I've followed as many of the training techniques I can physically do. The bite this morning was completely my fault. I know this dog is not right in the head and may never be. He was 4 months old when I more or less, rescued him from a woman in Kokomo. I'd answered an ad for English Springers, drove to Kokomo to find a real nasty old woman with 2 dogs left from a litter. We chose the male who at 4 months old had never been outside of that house. We had to have one of his rear nails removed the first week because the dogs nails had never been trimmed and the vet took the nail clear off it was ingrown so bad.

We've grown to love this dog. We previously had a pair of Springer litter mates, a female liver & white 52 lb. & the male was the perfect image of the breed. He was a 59 lb. dog with perfect Liver & White marking. I could have won a best of breed AKC award with him. The female was a impulse buy on the part of my wife. The female's face was mostly White and marked with Liver in a spooky way but cool. We both were bitten by this duo trying to break up around 4 fights they had with each other. They never bit either of us, ever!

Sorry, I digress, our current biter will be here and I will get him socialized to a point. I had already contacted the best Vet here in Indy that specializes in dog psychology. She spoke with me for an hour on the phone telling me I may never be able to totally trust the dog and she recommended doggie Prozac for him.

Round 7

to follow...

Hope to see Yall Sunday, I'll be the guy limping around with a wad of White gauze on the left hand.

:thumbsup: