Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who knows which knife makers actually have a blade made in the U.S.

I recently bought a Remington folder, camo, looks pretty cool, but was sorta disappointed to see CHINA on the blade. Same as my Kershaw folder that I carry, also says CHINA. I think the only actual blades that I own that are U.S. made are Gerber, I have about 3 of them. So, what's another good brand?

·
Registered
21,447 Posts
Benchmade is American again....I think for a while they were getting some of their work done in China but they have discountinued that line.

Kershaw has both domestic as well as Chinese products. Nearly everything from Remington (apparel, knives, tools) is Chinese now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Kershaw said they will NEVER transfer everything to China.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Benchmade's are made in the USA, except for their red class knives, but those have been discontinued. I love my mini-griptilian, with the axis lock and thumb hole.

Doh, PB was first.

·
Golliwog
309 Posts
I believe Leathermans are still US made, as well as some Bucks.

atleast Victorinox won't move their production to china.......

·
Registered
1,742 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep Gerber and Leatherman are made in my homestate, Oregon. Just kinda disappointed, you'd think a name like Remington would be U.S. I've seen a lot of Smith and Wesson knifes, wonder who makes those...

·
Registered
21,447 Posts
Yep Gerber and Leatherman are made in my homestate, Oregon. Just kinda disappointed, you'd think a name like Remington would be U.S. I've seen a lot of Smith and Wesson knifes, wonder who makes those...
Gerber makes some in China.....and while I don't know about the knives, Smith and Wesson makes a lof their non-firearm stuff in China (or shall I say they rebadge a lot of Chinese stuff).

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
My Gerber Para folder is made in China.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Japan & U.S.A. made. Spyderco's BYRD line is China made but they do not say SPYDERCO on them.
PBCounty is right. The Tenacious says Spyderco and China on it. Spyderco has had knives produced in the U.S., China, Japan, Italy, etc. You just have to do a little research before you buy. Emerson is USA made. It seems a lot of companies have quite a mix of sources these days.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts