GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
14,693 Posts
Impeachment by the Senate takes 2/3 vote. I can see a Senate dem majority as a possibility in this election, but I don't see any way they control 2/3 of the Senate.
Senate RINOs vote with the winds that fill their personal sails best. If McConnell no longer has power over them and there's something under the table in it for them, they can't be trusted.

·
G22 4 Me
2,207 Posts
As the campaign grinds through its final days, the contrast is striking. You've got Donald Trump holding multiple rallies every day attended by thousands, while Biden is lucky to have one campaign stop, with at best a few hundred. Biden looks weak and frail. Trump looks strong and energetic.

I know most Biden voters are voting against Trump. But how in their wildest imaginations they think he's capable of governing is beyond me. In the end, I think most independents see this as well. Many of them don't like Trump, but they know the Democrats offer no real alternative.
That's exactly where I am. I talked to a buddy today and I asked him if he's conservative or not, and we got into a good political conversation. He's not an anti-Trumper, but definitely had a lot of things that he didn't like, so I was not 100% sure where he stood. But, each conversation with someone who doesn't want to vote for Trump is always focused around why they don't like him, what he's said or done in the past and not what Biden/Harris will or can do.

Back when I really loved watching baseball, I used to love Barry Bonds because he could hit one out at any time. Everyone knew he was a dick, but I didn't watch baseball to see nice guys. I feel exactly that way about Trump. He comes off wrong to some (although I love him), but I voted for him because of what he does at the plate not what he says or how he makes me feel.

It's mind-baffling to me.

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
It was just yesterday or the day before that a local WI station claimed that Biden was up 53 to 40. How can those newsreaders keep a straight face when they're babbling such nonsense? Especially older ones. The young ones I feel sorry for as they probably believe what they're reading.
The crowd I just saw of Trump's Green Bay rally is by far the smallest one yet. Not encouraging.

Whoever wins the Youth vote will win this election. Those in their late teens to mid-20s. That is where the vote is.

And no, Trump won't lose because of Fraud.....that's a DEMOCRAT excuse, and one that they've been *****ing about for the past 4 years. Don't be a Democrat.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Even if Trump wins, if control of the Senate is lost we can expect the impeachment to commence Jan 21st. And it would succeed. Once they oust Trump, for a short while with Pence as President no judges will get confirmed and no legislation will pass (vetoes all day long). Then they'll impeach Pence.

As with any election there are many possible outcomes ... all I'm saying is people are too focused on the Presidential race, when what happens with Congressional seats is really what determines whether we have 4 years of greatness or nightmare ahead of us. Even if Biden is elected, if the Republicans keep control of the Senate the worst thing that happens is we get to hear a lot about "Republican obstruction."
They need 67 votes to impeach. Even if they win in a landslide they won't get that many Senate seats.

Reactions: happyguy

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Senate RINOs vote with the winds that fill their personal sails best. If McConnell no longer has power over them and there's something under the table in it for them, they can't be trusted.
There are 2-3 Republicans that might flip, they would need at least a dozen and that's if they pick up 8 seats in the election which is doubtful, especially in a scenario where Trump wins. And McConnell would still have plenty of power as minority leader.

·
Registered
74,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Reactions: happyguy

·
Registered
74,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
More like they are using the virus to excuse / explain away the lack of attendance. Around here, locals organize Trump rallies with no official campaign support, just a community coming together and organizing via local social media and word of mouth and meeting out in a field somewhere....and thousands show up...and there's at least one every week. Where's the Biden enthusiasm?
There is none.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,148 Posts
That's exactly where I am. I talked to a buddy today and I asked him if he's conservative or not, and we got into a good political conversation. He's not an anti-Trumper, but definitely had a lot of things that he didn't like, so I was not 100% sure where he stood. But, each conversation with someone who doesn't want to vote for Trump is always focused around why they don't like him, what he's said or done in the past and not what Biden/Harris will or can do.

Back when I really loved watching baseball, I used to love Barry Bonds because he could hit one out at any time. Everyone knew he was a dick, but I didn't watch baseball to see nice guys. I feel exactly that way about Trump. He comes off wrong to some (although I love him), but I voted for him because of what he does at the plate not what he says or how he makes me feel.

It's mind-baffling to me.
There is a Senate-seat race in North Carolina between Cal Cunningham (D) and Thom Tillis (R), where Cal Cunningham, a former soldier, has been caught having an affair with another soldier's wife. Apparently, Tillis is not-so-great with policy, but it seems Cunningham is a scumbag personally but seems to have better policy. OFC, the Democrats are all-in for Cunningham, and I always chuckle at that, as Dems will vote for a scumbag with better policy over someone not-great in this race, yet that's the exact thing that Trump has going on - he might be a scumbag, but he's done a great job as POTUS, and Biden is terrible pretty much everywhere, politically. So, color me shocked that Democrats can be scummy hypocrites and vote for one scumbag with better policy in a "local" election (because he's a Democrat), but won't do the same for their President (because he's a Republican, and also Orange Man Bad).

So, it's all mind-baffling to me. There is no logic, no reason, and no sense in the way the Democrats do things now. I am in no way calling for such things, but the Dems have said something about "re-education camps" for Republicans/Conservatives/Trump supporters (if Biden wins), when it's them that need straightening out. We aren't trying to re-write history. We aren't calling them science deniers even though they are the ones telling us that a man can have a period. We aren't pissing all over the Constitution. We aren't trying to undo this great Republic we have had for almost 250 years. They are.

·
Venor ergo sum
3,306 Posts
Yeah, but Fox poll shows him down 8. Horse hockey.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts