GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
For the life of me I don't understand the Dems thought process. You would have thought after the Hillary debacle they would know better than to put an idiot like Biden up front and center. For gods sake if you want Kamala to be president put her in the big chair up front, anybody with half a brain can see this is their ultimate goal anyway. They are not fooling anyone.

The other thing is they have more moderate candidates that could possibly appeal Trump people that are on the fence. Do the "far left" dems outnumber moderate dems and "on the fence" people by that wide a margin? It sure seems to be that a relatively young moderate dem would be much more electable. Guess they are fresh out of those.
They don’t plan on winning an honest election. Biden’s campaign is a sham. They will either take the White House by fraud or an actual coup; at least, I believe that was their plan. Election fraud may not get them there. It could be an interesting couple of months ahead.

·
Come on man!!
14,348 Posts
For the life of me I don't understand the Dems thought process.
I know most Biden voters are voting against Trump. But how in their wildest imaginations they think he's capable of governing is beyond me.
I'm a member of a couple of groups on Facebook where people in my profession can talk shop. A few of the people in the group are rabidly liberal but usually, they keep it to themselves on the professional page. One of my colleagues posted a serious question to the group, asking how people planned to treat patients whose anxiety and depression is stemming from the election.

No joke.

Well, a few of the liberals piped up with Trump-bashing. Of course, I confronted them, factually. They literally melted down, got mad as hell and just spit out the usual "Trump is the worst President ever!" "He's a criminal!" "Russia!" and all that. I was asking them policy questions and they couldn't respond with substance. It was impossible for them.

When I talked about the damage Biden would do to America with just his energy policy alone, all they could talk about was global warming and saving the planet. No mention of the millions of jobs that would be destroyed by a transition away from fossil fuels, just green is good. They didn't want to talk about the people working in coal mines, coal-fired powered plants, the automobile industry, none of that mattered to them. China's energy policy didn't matter. The damage to the environment from lithium carbonate harvesting didn't matter to them.

They're incredibly dogmatic and facts don't matter to them. They're running off of pure emotion and hatred, and these are people that are supposed to understand science, think logically, analyze and interpret research and apply it to practice. It's really quite scary.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm a member of a couple of groups on Facebook where people in my profession can talk shop. A few of the people in the group are rabidly liberal but usually, they keep it to themselves on the professional page. One of my colleagues posted a serious question to the group, asking how people planned to treat patients whose anxiety and depression is stemming from the election.

No joke.

Well, a few of the liberals piped up with Trump-bashing. Of course, I confronted them, factually. They literally melted down, got mad as hell and just spit out the usual "Trump is the worst President ever!" "He's a criminal!" "Russia!" and all that. I was asking them policy questions and they couldn't respond with substance. It was impossible for them.

When I talked about the damage Biden would do to America with just his energy policy alone, all they could talk about was global warming and saving the planet. No mention of the millions of jobs that would be destroyed by a transition away from fossil fuels, just green is good. They didn't want to talk about the people working in coal mines, coal-fired powered plants, the automobile industry, none of that mattered to them. China's energy policy didn't matter. The damage to the environment from lithium carbonate harvesting didn't matter to them.

They're incredibly dogmatic and facts don't matter to them. They're running off of pure emotion and hatred, and these are people that are supposed to understand science, think logically, analyze and interpret research and apply it to practice. It's really quite scary.
My conversations with “moderates” who tend to vote democrat are also like this. They don’t seem as unhinged but they still lack rational thinking.

The answer always is Trump is racist or he’s a jerk. They offer nothing of substance to back up their assertions. They have been indoctrinated through Facebook and MSM.

Even if I counter argue they don’t deny my claims. They just shrug and still think Trump is who they think he is. It’s really hard to deprogram the damage the media and left’s agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Making America great again!
16,201 Posts
I was asking them policy questions and they couldn't respond with substance. It was impossible for them.
Elections aren't about substance or policy anymore. It's a cult of personality. It's about how the candidate makes them feel.

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
Elections aren't about substance or policy anymore. It's a cult of personality. It's about how the candidate makes them feel.
Informed and responsible voters with skin in the game get out numbered by the uninformed free loaders who are just voting themselves free stuff.
It is even worse when the media is failing to report the news or are spreading partisan disinformation.
It’s how Democracies end.
....... but I don’t think it will happen this time; but we are dangerously close.

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
We need them both, badly.

Even if Trump wins, if control of the Senate is lost we can expect the impeachment to commence Jan 21st. And it would succeed. Once they oust Trump, for a short while with Pence as President no judges will get confirmed and no legislation will pass (vetoes all day long). Then they'll impeach Pence.

As with any election there are many possible outcomes ... all I'm saying is people are too focused on the Presidential race, when what happens with Congressional seats is really what determines whether we have 4 years of greatness or nightmare ahead of us. Even if Biden is elected, if the Republicans keep control of the Senate the worst thing that happens is we get to hear a lot about "Republican obstruction."

·
Registered
10,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

No joke.

They're fueled on emotion, not facts or objectivity or common sense. Hence, all the outrage and depression and anxiety. But y'all know that already.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Even if Trump wins, if control of the Senate is lost we can expect the impeachment to commence Jan 21st. And it would succeed.
Impeachment by the Senate takes 2/3 vote. I can see a Senate dem majority as a possibility in this election, but I don't see any way they control 2/3 of the Senate.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
This website had Biden winning in a lot of battle ground states. Why are people thinking Trump is pulling ahead?
Near as I can tell it's basically "because the guy from Trafalgar says so, and Trafalgar got it (more) right in 2016". Ignoring the fact that Trafalgar's historical accuracy is nothing to write home about.

Reactions: Jade Falcon
21 - 40 of 72 Posts