It's Happening! Trump Now Up in Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and Tied in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Oct 30, 2020.

1. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

They don’t plan on winning an honest election. Biden’s campaign is a sham. They will either take the White House by fraud or an actual coup; at least, I believe that was their plan. Election fraud may not get them there. It could be an interesting couple of months ahead.

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Come on man!!

I'm a member of a couple of groups on Facebook where people in my profession can talk shop. A few of the people in the group are rabidly liberal but usually, they keep it to themselves on the professional page. One of my colleagues posted a serious question to the group, asking how people planned to treat patients whose anxiety and depression is stemming from the election.

No joke.

Well, a few of the liberals piped up with Trump-bashing. Of course, I confronted them, factually. They literally melted down, got mad as hell and just spit out the usual "Trump is the worst President ever!" "He's a criminal!" "Russia!" and all that. I was asking them policy questions and they couldn't respond with substance. It was impossible for them.

When I talked about the damage Biden would do to America with just his energy policy alone, all they could talk about was global warming and saving the planet. No mention of the millions of jobs that would be destroyed by a transition away from fossil fuels, just green is good. They didn't want to talk about the people working in coal mines, coal-fired powered plants, the automobile industry, none of that mattered to them. China's energy policy didn't matter. The damage to the environment from lithium carbonate harvesting didn't matter to them.

They're incredibly dogmatic and facts don't matter to them. They're running off of pure emotion and hatred, and these are people that are supposed to understand science, think logically, analyze and interpret research and apply it to practice. It's really quite scary.

Boundertom, larry1096, jcm3 and 14 others like this.

3. spectralhunter

spectralhunter

My conversations with “moderates” who tend to vote democrat are also like this. They don’t seem as unhinged but they still lack rational thinking.

The answer always is Trump is racist or he’s a jerk. They offer nothing of substance to back up their assertions. They have been indoctrinated through Facebook and MSM.

Even if I counter argue they don’t deny my claims. They just shrug and still think Trump is who they think he is. It’s really hard to deprogram the damage the media and left’s agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Pennsyltucky

Pennsyltucky

The whole thing is fueled by hate of Trump, not fandom for Biden.

5. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again!

Elections aren't about substance or policy anymore. It's a cult of personality. It's about how the candidate makes them feel.

6. Taz

Taz

Screw the polls. Go freaking vote. Drag your conservative friends along. It’s as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Rotn1

Rotn1

Informed and responsible voters with skin in the game get out numbered by the uninformed free loaders who are just voting themselves free stuff.
    It is even worse when the media is failing to report the news or are spreading partisan disinformation.
    It’s how Democracies end.
    ....... but I don’t think it will happen this time; but we are dangerously close.

8. Rotn1

Rotn1

Had it not been for COVID it would be a Red Wave. It still could be good????????

9. Judge Bean

Judge Bean

10. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

11. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

We need them both, badly.

12. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Even if Trump wins, if control of the Senate is lost we can expect the impeachment to commence Jan 21st. And it would succeed. Once they oust Trump, for a short while with Pence as President no judges will get confirmed and no legislation will pass (vetoes all day long). Then they'll impeach Pence.

As with any election there are many possible outcomes ... all I'm saying is people are too focused on the Presidential race, when what happens with Congressional seats is really what determines whether we have 4 years of greatness or nightmare ahead of us. Even if Biden is elected, if the Republicans keep control of the Senate the worst thing that happens is we get to hear a lot about "Republican obstruction."

13. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

If the polls show a tie, DT is likely ahead. What matters is all of us voting.

14. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

It was just yesterday or the day before that a local WI station claimed that Biden was up 53 to 40. How can those newsreaders keep a straight face when they're babbling such nonsense? Especially older ones. The young ones I feel sorry for as they probably believe what they're reading.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    DonGlock26, aircarver, CAcop and 2 others like this.
  15. hooligan74

hooligan74

16. Scott1970

Scott1970

They're fueled on emotion, not facts or objectivity or common sense. Hence, all the outrage and depression and anxiety. But y'all know that already.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  17. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I take the polls with a grain of salt, we know what happened last time.

CAcop and Fred Florist like this.
  18. tm255

tm255

Impeachment by the Senate takes 2/3 vote. I can see a Senate dem majority as a possibility in this election, but I don't see any way they control 2/3 of the Senate.

TheDreadnought likes this.
  19. Gokyo

Gokyo

R.B. Riddick and hooligan74 like this.
  20. hooligan74

hooligan74

Near as I can tell it's basically "because the guy from Trafalgar says so, and Trafalgar got it (more) right in 2016". Ignoring the fact that Trafalgar's historical accuracy is nothing to write home about.

Jade Falcon likes this.