close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It's done

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by walkin man, Jan 21, 2006.

1. walkin man

walkin man

Goldy has crossed the bridge. She went as the lady she has always been. On the ride to the clinic she sat in her carrier and talked to me and rubbed her head on my fingers. At the clinic I took her out of the carrier and she sat quietly in my arms. When the vet came into the treatment room she went quietly into her arms. Goldy was one of Dr. Jubbs first patients when she started her practice right out of Auburn. She was very supportive and examined Goldy and agreed that it was indeed time. 24 years and all but the last one was good. I will miss her.

I should add that they would not accept payment for this service.

walkin man

2. sarge40

sarge40 Huge Member

Sorry for your loss walkin man. You do however, have 24 years of memory to reflect on, and she is in a better place. Nonetheless, I understand how difficult this is, having gone through it myself several times, and I offer my condolences to you. ;w

3. walkin man

walkin man

Thanks Sarge40, I appreciate your concern. It is indeed a hard thing we have to do to take care of our pets. I am going to take my wife out for a late lunch and then gear up and go to work tonight.

Later.

walkin man

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

She is playing now :)

My vet wasn't gonna accept payment when we had Alf put down but we insisted on paying anyway. He had treated him for years and even then, we had occupied quite a bit of his time that afternoon so we wanted to pay.

I remember that day like it was just today.......

~hg

5. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

I'm so sorry for your loss.

6. Vic303

Vic303 Senior Member

I'm sorry you lost your friend, Walkin.

7. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

I'm sorry, dude.;w I know how it is. Seems it's been a bad year for the pets of GT. A lot of us lost dear furry friends this year.

;g

;8 ;I

8. EagleOne716

EagleOne716 Guest

Walkin Man:
    Just read your posting. I am sorry for your loss bro. I have watched too many of my "children" cross the bridge. Sometimes I find pics on a disk that I forgot about. Still hurts, even after 15 years for one.
    Remember the good times..and love them all every day.

9. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I am so sorry to hear this Walkin Man.........

The pain and loss you and your wife must feel must be horrific. That is so long to have a kitty. Bless you and your wife for taking good care of one of God's creatures.

I hope that you guys consider getting another. I am not sorry I did it again. My house was just tooooo darned empty without a cat(s).

I posted a pic of the boys on another thread just today........those 2 guys really keep my house jumping.

10. walkin man

walkin man

Hi Peach Girl. Thanks to you and all who posted. It was a hard decision, but one that had to be done. I could not allow her to suffer and continue to decline. She was the matron of all our cats and trained all to hunt and learn their place in the pecking order.
    We have 7 others that range in age from 18 months old to 12 years.

I'll never forget the day about 4 years ago one of our young cats was playing in the backyard. A huge stray cat jumped him and the fight was on. Before I could get there to break it up there was a golden streak across the yard right into the furball. It was Goldy to the rescue. She hit that tomcat like a ton of bricks and separated him from the little guy. I ran the stray off and looked around and there was Goldy grooming Radar and licking his scratches.

Thanks to all.

walkin man

11. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

That is an amazing story Walkin.........

We really underestimate these kitties and pups we have !!!

I was never charged either when I had Joshua put down. No charge for the autopsy either. The vet did it after hours and then saved the body for me to bury. Josh's heart was sent to the vet school out at the University of Georgia so they can further study this Cardiomyopathy that he had with his heart. That's a good thing in my eyes.

I think vets really shouldn't charge a pet owner for that terrible time when you have to put an animal down, I know they are giving a service, but if you have someone such as Walkin who took Goldy to this same vet for 24 years, all those years of LOYALTY to one vet should be somehow rewarded, and I don't know about you......but I would have a tough time paying for the service after I sat and had to put my animal down. I just think it is NICE that vets will many times waive that fee. No, it is not about getting a "free" service, I think it is more about compassion toward the pet owner. I appreciate it too. Alot.

I was going to add that when Joshua passed the vet sent a sympathy card to me. I bawled when I opened it, and I saved it. I have 3 or 4 others, and I have a cat angel pin and a couple cat angel ornaments and I plan to make a shadow box with some of his pics and a couple of his fave toys too.

Ponti sent me a little stuff siamese cat, and Joshua's collar is on that little kitty........it means alot to me.

12. walkin man

walkin man

Peach, you just box those treasured articles up and ship them over here to Al. My wife is a certified framer [certifiable to be able to put up with me], PPFA and has had her frame shop for the last 18 years. She does many shadow boxes for our local customers and has shipped her work all over the world.

You should see the one she did for a cousin that works for Florence PD. It has his grandfathers old s&w m10, his sheriffs dept badge, a sap, some pitures, and his old cuffs. It was Craigs Christmas present and he loves it.

We would be honored to do this for a GT'er. If you would like us to do this I will send you her shop address by PM.

walkin man

13. denfoote

denfoote MENACE

I know what it's like to lose a kitty.

14. Stillhuntn

Stillhuntn

Walkin Man,
    Sorry about your family's loss. I am sure you have a lot of memories with her. Cherish those and reflect often.
    Rick

15. Slobberchops

Slobberchops WTF?!?!?

16. Dragline

Dragline

Just saw this wm, so sorry to hear of the loss of your little buddy.
    I lost my pal Scooter this past june, it's tough I know.
    Hang in there.