Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Who will win the 147th Run For The Roses?

• Known Agenda

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Like The KIng

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brooklyn Strong

• Keepmeinmind

• Sainthood

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • O Besos

• Mandaloun

• Medina Spirit

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Hot Rod Charlie

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Midnight Bourbon

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Dynamic One

• Helium

• Hidden Stash

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Essential Quality

• Rock Your World

• King Fury

• Highly Motivated

• Super Stock

• Soup and Sandwich

• Bourbonic

Votes: 3 8.8%
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
****** Viejo
29,383 Posts
TV is on and my wife is keeping me posted. tom.

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
NRA Life Member
65,946 Posts
Dang, I should have placed my bet that Louisville's favorite rappin' white boy, Jack Harlow, would get scratched from saying "Riders Up" at the Derby, after the shooting at the club where his DJ/Manager "DJ Drama" was "performing" last night. I saw one local comment on Facebook that this was the second person DJ Drama had killed, but that may have been a joke.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Soup and Sandwich started out like a ball of fire, but faded at the end. Oh well, $15 down the drain (BF's surfing buddy placed a $5 WPS bet for me at Melbourne Greyhound Park).

Nobody picked Mandaloun and he finished 2nd. The exacta paid over $500!!!

Smarty Jones?? Didn't think you were that old.
It was 2004. I was 20. I went with some of my friends on the UGA cheerleading team.

The horse that poops last just before the race begins!
I heard that before. A guy told me if you see a horse poop during the walk from the paddock bet on him.

I see you! You’re the lady with the hat, right?
That's right. How did you know?

That was a great race!
Yes it was. Did you see the race right before the Derby? It was declared a dead heat. I never saw that before. In a photofinish they can always tell which horse won by a whisker, but not this time.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Big nope on the "boil" deal for me. I don't like my corn on the cob tasting like it was sitting in the bait bucket for a couple days. Same applies to the lobster/clam bake deals around here.....
Low Country boil usually smells and tastes like garbage to me.
Too much crap all thrown together. Eww.
No thanks!

Reactions: FullClip

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,596 Posts
I loved the Derby but had a special Eye on Hot Rod Charlie after hearing the back story. After the Derby, I switched over to see the boxing matches.

Today, I'm enjoying the Equestrian events and that blends right into the Supercross races. Sometimes, I get lucky!

Flash

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
My wife bets on the big 3 races. She bet $100 total on several different horses. Didn’t win. My 8 year old granddaughter picked the winner and won $200 lol!

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Soup and Sandwich started out like a ball of fire, but faded at the end. Oh well, $15 down the drain (BF's surfing buddy placed a $5 WPS bet for me at Melbourne Greyhound Park).

Nobody picked Mandaloun and he finished 2nd. The exacta paid over $500!!!

It was 2004. I was 20. I went with some of my friends on the UGA cheerleading team.

I heard that before. A guy told me if you see a horse poop during the walk from the paddock bet on him.

That's right. How did you know?

Yes it was. Did you see the race right before the Derby? It was declared a dead heat. I never saw that before. In a photofinish they can always tell which horse won by a whisker, but not this time.
The jockey on Smarty Jones was Stewart Elliot, I talked to him last week. He was riding a horse for a friend at Lone Star Park.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts