Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Who will win the 147th Run For The Roses?

• Known Agenda

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Like The KIng

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brooklyn Strong

• Keepmeinmind

• Sainthood

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • O Besos

• Mandaloun

• Medina Spirit

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Hot Rod Charlie

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Midnight Bourbon

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Dynamic One

• Helium

• Hidden Stash

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Essential Quality

• Rock Your World

• King Fury

• Highly Motivated

• Super Stock

• Soup and Sandwich

• Bourbonic

Votes: 3 8.8%
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who does the GT braintrust pick to win?

I love the Kentucky Derby. I'm fixing a big pot of lowcountry boil before the big race.

·
Mentally Frozen
27,732 Posts
The horse that farts the most while running will win.

·
NRA Life Member
65,946 Posts
I was going to bet that at least 2 more people get shot in Louisville today. But since they already have been, I guess betting is closed on that one.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought a Southern Belle like you would have proper Mint Julep cups....no glass stuff.

View attachment 930571
You're right. That's the way they fix them at Churchill Downs, but I don't have any metal cups like that.

And I don't like mint juleps anyway.

Big nope on the "boil" deal for me. I don't like my corn on the cob tasting like it was sitting in the bait bucket for a couple days. Same applies to the lobster/clam bake deals around here.....
So you don't like lowcountry boil and you don't like eggplant. What DO you like?

The horse that farts the most while running will win.
Kind of like jet propulsion? LOL

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Oh, and by the way. I'm somewhere in the third picture I posted. I was at the Derby that year. Can anybody name the year and the winner shown in the pic?

Show us your hat.
Which one? I have several LOL.

The one I was wearing that day looked like this. I still have it somewhere.

Reactions: hannstv and Orive 8

·
Mentally Frozen
27,732 Posts
We haven't been to the Ken. Derby, but we have been to Churchill Downs. Wife got one of those Mint Julep's in a souvenir glass and when we got home she put it in the dishwaser and it washed off all the logo that was on it.

·
Registered
15,973 Posts
Don't follow it. I only followed when mom and stepdad took me out to the local track to watch simulcast and bet on it. Used my stepdad's racing form he worked to make bets. He is a pretty good handicapper. I told him long ago to get a job on a bus full of seniors where you instruct them on the form and his picks. Now with Winstar close by, I told him the same thing but for Blackjack. Binnons in LA banned him, he won too much.

·
Registered
13,100 Posts
I was going to bet that at least 2 more people get shot in Louisville today. But since they already have been, I guess betting is closed on that one.
Damn it - you beat me here. I was going to post something similar.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We haven't been to the Ken. Derby, but we have been to Churchill Downs. Wife got one of those Mint Julep's in a souvenir glass and when we got home she put it in the dishwaser and it washed off all the logo that was on it.
Well that's a bummer. Those drinks are expensive too.

In my bar I have a set of highball glasses from Churchill Downs with past Derby winners. I've had them a long time.

Reactions: Ramjet38
1 - 20 of 68 Posts