Glock Talk banner

Its clear that the Army has picked a winner!

22079 Views 335 Replies 113 Participants Last post by  AK_Stick
321 - 336 of 336 Posts

· NRA Life Member
13,811 Posts
To quote from the above referenced Army Time article:

During the Army Times visit to Fort Campbell, Kentucky, soldiers overwhelmingly preferred the weapon over its three-decades-old predecessor, the Beretta M9.

At least one item in the report, the drop test problems, had already been addressed publicly by the Army and Sig Sauer.

Dawson wrote that the MHS does not have a drop test deficiency, noting that Sig Sauer had corrected the issue prior to the start of testing, and the weapon passed the Army’s drop test.

Oh wait...there's more...

What model was the subject of the Army's report? XM17 and XM18

How many XM17s and XM18s have subsequently been issued to troops? Zero, Zip, NADA.... The Army doesn't issue XM model anything. The deficiencies have all been corrected or the Army found them inconsequential enough to disregard... They Army issued M17's. Show me a report that the M17 is having problems and we can have an intelligent discussion.

Lastly, its been mentioned that the gun won't feed "special purpose ball" ammo reliably. If you read the report this isn't standard 124 grain 9X19 NATO load as currently issued. Its a new prototype round that the Army hasn't even adopted yet. As thousands and thousands of civilian P320 owners will tell you....it feeds standard ball ammo fine. There is something with the design of the new round the Army wants to adopt that is causing this problem and the Sig wasn't the only gun that had this problem.

· Registered
850 Posts
Well I have both pistols. I am having serious buyers remorse after reading all of this. My fault for not doing my own research. I have put roughly 400 rounds through the G19X but yet to fire the P320c. I don’t think I will try the drop test. But it will get 200 rounds of 115g Blazers tomorrow.

· Registered
131,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Your buyers remorse will go away after shooting. The trigger is much better than a standard glock.
Better for what though?

For a service or carry gun, I prefer the Glock’s trigger.

For a range gun or for target shooting, there are much better triggers than what the P320 offers. For me, it’s not really good for much of anything.

· Banned
16,936 Posts

· Banned
16,936 Posts
I would prefer a 1911 if it were me. And something that shot at least a .308

· Registered
850 Posts
Well I put 240 rounds through my P320c and 60 through my 19X. I’m still here so thevSig wasn’t dropped. I dint have any issues with it. It is the first time I’ve shot it. It is definitely not as good of a firearm as the 19X. The Glock just seems a lot better made. I would never chose it over the 19X. The 320is not my only Sig so I bought it based on Sigs rep. I will hold onto it. I don’t like selling my pistols. I put four different brands of 115g ball FMJ through it. No issues with any of them through either pistol. The 19x has already had several hundred rounds through it.

· AAAMAD
37,028 Posts
OK, what's your opinion of the M9?

It’s overly large, has a poor safety location, and I’m not a huge fan of a DA/SA trigger given minimal qualification/fam fire time for new/poor shooters.

That said, it works, it’s reliable, we own billions in spare parts and magazines, and gear for them already. The low cost M92A3 conversion would have been a much better choice than the Sig.

· AAAMAD
37,028 Posts
I would prefer a 1911 if it were me. And something that shot at least a .308
While I’m more than comfortable with my 45 as a CCW. I would prefer a sidearm with more than 7 rounds in combat. Especially when forced to use FMJ ammo.

Similarly, I would much prefer to carry 300-400 rounds of 5.56 in 30 round mags, than 200 rounds of 7.62 in 20’s. Either will do the job if you hit the target, but the vast majority of ammo is expelled establishing a base of fire/fixing a target. 5.56 gives you a much superior volume of fire.

321 - 336 of 336 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.