Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Am not that surprised that it’s developing some issues. Truth be told so did the Beretta in the early stages but then they went for a long smooth sail. I just hope that our troops get the pistol they deserve in the end.
Were there any other issues, other than the slides cracking?

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Should adopt the glock 32. Then make a sub-machine gun in the 357 sig also. Canalure the bullets and crimp them to secure the bullet in the case.
$$$$$$$

Then make a longer range
AR. Say a rifle with 1/8 twist and a (gasp!) light 23 inch stainless barrel and no flash hider. Would reach out close to 1000 yards.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Get some 12 ga. Benelli shotguns for clearing houses and buildings. Train everyone on all four guns.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The snipers need a stoutly loaded 30/06 with a 25 inch barrel shooting a low drag 190 gr bullet and a straight 14 power 30mm scope.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
I'm going to guess M9A3. :) (Let's see what he comes back with.)
Beretta M9a3 (it would be familiar and logistically easy) The Beretta M9 family is one of the most battle proven platforms (actual battlefield/combat) but dont get me wrong, i would be happy with a G19/G17, infact the only glocks I have left are a Frankenstein g19 and a 17L.
Nailed it! :devildance:

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
If I can't have a gen 3 glock, then just give me a good "ol" stainless wheelgun, kick me in the A## and send me on down the road. Call me a "fanboy" or whatever uber liberal name you can come up with, but I am old school and know what works and what doesn't. nuff said.
I'm feeling a bit old, when a Gen 3 Glock is considered "old school". :fred:
:faint:

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
I'm confounded as to why they went away from the Beretta platform after all the bugs have been worked out.

And yet the US Military has been using the same primary combat rifle (M4/M16 - basically the same damn thing) since the 60s with changes along the way.
Especially when you consider the relatively little (if any gain). Same caliber, slightly less weight(?), same capacity (as current 92 factory magazines).

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
For those defending Sig...

Imagine you are at home with your family when three armed intruders kick in your door. Beside you are two loaded, but NIB handguns. You've not yet fired either. One is a Glock 17 and the other a Sig P320. Your life and the lives of your family depend on that gun working out of the box.

Which do you choose? Be honest.
For me, obviously the 17, mainly because I have a great deal of familiarity with it, much less so with the P320.

If the P320 was all I had, I'm sure it would work as well,,, I'd just have to be careful not to drop it. :eek:uttahere:

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
How many do you want??? One that comes to mind is a colonoscopy last year Memphis VA. I woke up in the middle of it. The IV fell out and I was wide awake. Not a pleasant experience.
Wow, what a pain in the ...... oops, poor choice of words. :oops:

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Not to get too far off into the weeds, but I think you're missing the point. The point isn't that Glock HAD teething issues 20 years ago; the point is, why would the Army select a weapon that hasn't gone through their teething issues yet? Both Glock and Beretta (for example) have gone through their issues and largely resolved them. I would think that would carry some weight in the trials.
One flaw in this argument for the GLOCK is that you are talking a new submission from them. This argument would be stronger if GLOCKs submission was a GEN4 G19 or 17 that has had time to work out its teething issues (BTF and all). The models submitted have some notable changes, and, as been stated, has seen some issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.