Glock Talk banner

Its clear that the Army has picked a winner!

22074 Views 335 Replies 113 Participants Last post by  AK_Stick
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
131,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's not be too harsh. Just because it fails drop tests, the trigger pak self destructs, and it can't reliably feed ball ammo...

Did I miss anything? :)
Well, being that its based on such a super high quality specimen called the P250, I'm really shocked to hear all this...

:animlol:

· Registered
131,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How does a pistol eject a live round without manually cycling the slide? Do the rounds pop out of the magazine as the slide ejects the spent cartridge? Does this leave the pistol with an empty chamber or does it manage to pick up another round and chamber it?
I’ve had a gun do that before. It ejected the spent case, a live round, and chambered the third round.

Not sure if this is the same or not.

· Registered
131,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

· Registered
131,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I find it odd that there are tens of thousands of P320 pistols being used by civilian shooters and yet there's no uproar over live rounds being ejected from those pistols. Did SIG supply Uncle Sam with a bad batch of magazines, or is the XM1152 ammo defective, or what?

If the civilian pistols work fine and the military ones don't, then the basic design should be sound and the problems fixable.
It may have something to do with the amount of use they get.

Having said that, not all civilians are happy with them.

· Registered
131,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I looked at a brand new one at a gun store, thing had scrapes and gouges all over the frame. I have a G19 I've been carrying for 4-5 years and has no such wear. I felt the same about the 320, not impressed. Then again I feel like I'm the only one to think the shield feels cheap too.
Yes, very cheap polymer in that regard. Whether the gun works well or not is obviously debatable. The amount of wear the gun shows is not.

As a carry gun, that woukdn’t bother me much, but I know it does some.

· Registered
131,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
To those that believe the P320 and the Shield has "cheap" polymer.... can you show us all the documented failures? Given the Shield has been out for forever and over a million sold the P320 is no slouch in sales either, this should be easy to point out.
I only mentioned cheap in regards to marking up. I don’t have enough experience with the P250 or P320 to claim anything more.

· Registered
131,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Boy, the whining and crying and excuse-making goes on and on and on. Its really quiet sad to see that so many are stuck in the past - like the Democrats are stuck in November, 2016 - while time marches on.
Lame. It’s not sad at all. I’m no Glock fanboy that wishes the army chose it. I’m not whining and crying.

I’m laughing.

I do hope they get it fixed. Not for the sake of those clowns in Exeter, but for the sake of the military.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.