It may be almost time to jump back into silver

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by cowboy1964, Nov 13, 2015.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Gas dropped to $1.95 today here in NE Ohio.

We are headed for a recession next year.

Silver is $14.xx, gold is almost down to $1000.

Wish I had some spare cash :(

nursetim and BORNGEARHEAD like this.
  2. SmokeRoss

SmokeRoss GTDS Member #49

I like silver, especially at this price.

3. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Why do you think we are headed for a recession?

larry_minn likes this.
  4. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Silver is for speculators. If that's you, go for it. But don't buy it as part of a measured investment strategy.

5. Morris

Morris CLM

Multiple indicators are out there showing recessionary pressures. Canada is there and if the feds alter the rates, it may very well be a tipping point.

Consumer spending is down. Inflation is creeping up. Rates are potentially going zero. Consumer confidence is down. Distrust of the government is high. The market is clearly overinflated with two potential bubbles about to burst.

Any commodity is for speculators. That being said, physical PMs are in my portfolio as part of a broad investment strategy with a long term view. Besides, eagles or maple leafs make a nicer gift for my family than another gift card to a coffee house or restaurant.

Navy1964 likes this.
  6. inzone

inzone

I think you are right, silver is a good idea

7. crockett

crockett

Invest in the American middle class, buy products made in the US, vote the tax wasting clowns out of office and stop speculating on your own future existence.

El Pistolero likes this.
  8. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Ancient Member Millennium Member

No problemo....

I never left, been in it a long time!

9. rj1939

rj1939

14+ an ounce, sure does look good, put me to thinking the other day. The economy has been flashing warning signals for a while now. Ole yeller doesn't have a clue what to do, all the feel good talk hasn't worked.
    This one is global too...............can't believe more people didn't put two and two together when commodity prices collapsed, that was so broad based, everything is affected.

10. rj1939

rj1939

The recession has been underway here in illinois for a while...................in fact, not sure it ever ended. There are no bright spots here..................should get interesting.

11. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

There is a certain company I follow that is a harbinger of future manufacturing robustness. They had kind of a crappy year and the outlook for next isn't much better. And with PM and oil prices way down that's also not a good sign usually. I also read this week that Japan is now in recession.

12. rj1939

rj1939

The unaffordable care act and housing have been sucking all the life out of an already dismal "recovery".....................recession is a given.

13. quake

quake Millennium Member

Not sure what you mean...?

14. crockett

crockett

That was mainly addresses at options trader. 'You' simply can't make a profit on losses in the long run. At some point we all - including people speculating on options - will pay the price when the next bubble bursts.

15. rj1939

rj1939

Does the bizarre nature of the economic news these days, puzzle anybody else?

The fraudrel reserve making noise for months about raising interest rates, which so far, has been just so much deception. Now, they are desperate to raise rates, to instill confidence in the (non) recovery....................while simultaneously talking about going nirp.
    On top of that, the fraudrel reserve has an "expedited" meeting (closed of course) on Monday.
    Makes for good tin foil hat theories.

16. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

Agreed. Nothing makes any sense, anymore. Wouldn't it be something if they came out and called for NIRP? Boy oh boy. And that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

17. rj1939

rj1939

I think they are trying to figure a way to do nirp.............but if they do, it is an admission of total failure (which is of course where they are at)

Almost seems like they are hoping for a big attack of some kind, so it will give them cover for the recession/depression.

BORNGEARHEAD likes this.
  18. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

The gold/silver ratio is definitely pointing to "buy silver" IMO:

[​IMG]

What's interesting is that we have three up/down cycles that are almost exactly spaced across 6-7 years each. If the trend holds the price of silver should skyrocket relative to gold over the next few years. (Past performance is no indication of future performance blah blah blah)

19. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Just price checked junk silver on EBay. It's ridiculous how much people are overpaying. $160 for 20 1964 Kennedy's when the melt value is $102. Insane. That's over $22 per ounce. You'd be way better off buying American Eagles for around $17.50.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015