Glock Talk banner

It is nice that H & K Pistols Have Come Down In Price

2870 Views 30 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  joeG26er
Still haven't found the elusive USP .45 with a stainless slide though.
Reactions: Glockdude1
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3,709 Posts
why do you believe this is true? Have you handled them side by side? I can't find a USP in my area.
USPs don't sell very well, at least around here. MY LGS has a lot of HKs buy rarely a USP these days. I tried a couple USPs before they but did not like them and shot the HK45 and P30L a lot better so that are the ones I bought. With the USP you are stuck with the grip you get while the P30 and VP9 have changeable back straps and palm inserts. Your best best bet as usual is to try out whatever you are considering if possible.

Link below is to a bit older thread that Ernest Langdon started about the HK P30 and he was very impressed with it.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?8821-Why-the-P30

Todd Green's 91,000 round endurance test of the HK P30 and other commentary on his thoughts on the P30.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668
https://pistol-training.com/archives/7623

2,322 Posts
I’m a big fan of the P30 pistols and find their quality and durability to be similar to that of the USP series. The VP9 pistols have owned and shot seemed like a definite step down (though not huge) from some of the other older staple pistols in the HK lineup.

I would still say the VP9 seems better made than a Glock.

· Banned
8,024 Posts
Seems the P2K and P2Ksk have dropped the least in price % wise. I'm seeing new USP Tacticals in 40 and 9mm at least for $700. I've seen new LE VP 40T's for under $500. I'm looking for the cheapest V2 P2K I can find and they're around $650-$700, more than I paid for mine new in 2013. I also managed to snag a bunch of new mags for it @ $20/each. Not seeing it; any heads up?

· Registered
11 Posts
I bought a P30SK a couple of weeks ago for $530. Never would have bought it if not for the price drop. It's a great gun and it shoots well, but it's a mass-produced polymer pistol. My M&P9c is nearly as nice, and I think I paid $399 for it a couple of years ago. I wouldn't pay $800+ for any handgun that isn't a 1911, but that's just me.

I say kudos to HK for cutting prices.

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,779 Posts
The VP series of pistols is fantastic and the reasonable pricing is great.

I'm at 6,400 rounds combined through my VP's and that number is climbing rapidly as I don't shoot anything else now (they had been secondary to Glocks). Only stoppage was a single FTRTB in the first 150 rounds through one of the VP9's using cheap bulk weak 115gr ammo...ammo they all run perfectly thereafter.

They even reliably (100%) feed spent/empty pieces of brass. They just shoot so well (better than the Glocks I have far more trigger time on), eat everything, and run and run.

VP9SK Super Test. Times for each distance written on target

· aka dingle
1,390 Posts
a local store had elites and experts nib on sale for 999. if i didn't already have one i would have bought one.

· Registered
4,244 Posts
Just picked up a used USP 45 for $550. KF ('95) date code. Someone's safe queen. (or they just didn't like shooting it) Looks brand new, couldn't be more than a couple mags through it. Very impressive piece of polymer. Really first rate. It's my 5th USP.
I had no complaints at all with my 2 American made guns, HK45 and an HK45C. Very well built, but the USP is the zenith of polymer guns.

· Millennium Number 1143
1,724 Posts
Well, my wife would argue that I'm not as good as I once was so I can relate. LOL. Good to know either way. Thanks again.
But do you have conventional rifling?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.