Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
16,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still haven't found the elusive USP .45 with a stainless slide though.

Reactions: Glockdude1

·
Banned
16,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a potentially dumb question, as I am not familiar with the H&K .45ACP, can it also shoot .45 super reliably.

·
Banned
16,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I guess.

From a quality standpoint, I don’t find the P30 or especially the VP9 anything to write home about. They are ok, but they’re not a USP.
Very true.

Reactions: michael_b

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Just became a first time HK owner a few weeks ago. I picked up a LNIB used VP9SK from the LGS and really like the ergos of the pistol.

Being new to HK, what is the reason for the decrease in price? Is HK lowering prices to recoup market share?

·
Registered
127,473 Posts
Just became a first time HK owner a few weeks ago. I picked up a LNIB used VP9SK from the LGS and really like the ergos of the pistol.

Being new to HK, what is the reason for the decrease in price? Is HK lowering prices to recoup market share?
Basically yes

They also reduced the quality of their guns to better allow for it.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Basically yes

They also reduced the quality of their guns to better allow for it.
Thanks Bac. That was my assumption but being new to HK I wasn't sure. What has HK done to lower the quality? I never considered buying an HK because I've always believed (and still do) that Glock offers the same package at a better price, but couldn't pass on the VP9SK once I gripped the pistol.

·
Registered
127,473 Posts
Thanks Bac. That was my assumption but being new to HK I wasn't sure. What has HK done to lower the quality? I never considered buying an HK because I've always believed (and still do) that Glock offers the same package at a better price, but couldn't pass on the VP9SK once I gripped the pistol.
Sure thing

They just aren’t overbuilt like they used to be. The USP and to a slightly lesser degree, the P2000 series were really strong, well built handguns.

I don’t get that feeling with the VP. HK also changed the texturing and I believe the polymer itself.

Still good guns, just not what they were.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Just picked up a P30SK V1 an hour ago, haven’t shot it yet, just looked at it for a minute or two. I have a 13 year old Glock 26 on my side as I write this, and I absolutely love that G26, one of my favorite pistols ever.......but I’ve got to say, that P30SK seems like an overbuilt tank compared to my G26!

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
I've been buying, shooting, sniffing, hoarding and loving guns for 30 years. But for whatever reasons, I have never had even the slightest interest in HK. I could not name even one of their products. Maybe its their marketing or pricing strategery, but they were never on my radar. I don't doubt though that I might dig their products if I ever got my hands on one.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Just picked up a P30SK V1 an hour ago, haven’t shot it yet, just looked at it for a minute or two. I have a 13 year old Glock 26 on my side as I write this, and I absolutely love that G26, one of my favorite pistols ever.......but I’ve got to say, that P30SK seems like an overbuilt tank compared to my G26!
The Glock 26 is a hard pistol to beat in my opinion. I've been carrying my Gen 3 G26 today as well. If it's not the 26, it's more than likely I'm carrying my G19 or 30s. I love my Glocks but have found an appreciation for HK since picking up my VP9SK.

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
I welcome the change.

I have a P30 and VP9 and love the grip design. For some reason I shoot 9mm HKs better than any other non customized 9mm I’ve ever handled.

In my mind, I consider them to be HKs ‘consumer grade’ versus the USP/P2000s ‘professional grade’.

For someone who can’t hardly wrap their hand around a USP .45, I shoot one amazingly well - go figure.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My P30SK I picked up today is my 2nd HK in the last 2 weeks, I basically feel like it’s a two for one deal compared to what P30’s recently cost, I’m feeling really good about both of my purchases even if they’re not USP’s!

·
Registered
303 Posts
^^HK Reps have confirmed only HK45 production taking place stateside now, however they have said P30 production will not be changing to USA as of yet (info from HKPro boards there are several HK employees on there) -

I think they reduced the P30 price in order to move more units overall since the VP9 series is a screaming success for them and the price savings on the HK45 line allows them to do that

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.