It’s just Tesla, man...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 308M1A, Sep 7, 2018.

1. 308M1A

308M1A

Elon Musk sparking one off live on tv. Who’s seen it? Lol...

Joe Rogan show....

2. BUG'S

BUG'S

SEC investigating him for "taking Tesla private tweets" and now getting baked on a podcast. Watching TSLA stock sinking I'm thinking he may not be CEO for much longer.

3. Tickhill

Tickhill Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking

He sure fired that blunt.
    Would have love to have seen him after a couple of death stars from Joey!

glo37ck and Altaris like this.
  4. StockGlockJock

StockGlockJock Conservative because I’m a fan of common sense.

Cheech & Chong & Musk..... modified version of the Three Stooges...who knew?

5. canis latrans

canis latrans

it's me...Dave.

Dave's not here, man.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  6. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Is it ok to smoke a blunt in a rental tesla? Asking for a friend.

arkdweller22 likes this.
  7. quasii

quasii

Musk is having a breakdown...

[​IMG]

Wolfie38S likes this.
  8. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Don't answer the phone. Even if it's me calling!!

9. Wolfie38S

Wolfie38S

What a bad move, no one cares if you smoke weed. But we do care if you want to sell a product.

10. Naelbis

Naelbis

There is a fine line between genius and madness..and Musk teeters on the edge more than most. Tesla could try and remove him as CEO..but the company probably wouldn't survive it. People don't buy Tesla stock because it is Tesla, they buy it because they buy into Musk's visions and drive to make them a reality.

11. Anon1

Anon1

He didn't smoke it.

Took a small toke and immediately blew it out, didn't even inhale it. One small fake hit.

And, is Joe Rogan's podcast shown on TV, let alone on live TV?

WeeWilly likes this.
  12. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

He didn’t really inhale.........

13. Anon1

Anon1

A classic "fake news" scenario.
    Didn't smoke it, wasn't on live tv. Completely misconstrued, overblown, hyped up "journalism".

WeeWilly likes this.
  14. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I agree that it was over hyped on both the MSM and the business channels. He clearly didn't inhale it, it was one puff that he blew out of his mouth and it was a mix of marijuana and tobacco (as per Rogan), so he almost certainly wouldn't have felt much from it had he inhaled it. It is legal where he was sitting to smoke it, so no laws were broken.

In the end, there is something going on with Musk which is clearly not right. He is either heading toward a mental breakdown or is playing some serious game the end point of which is hard to determine.

Musk has spent a fair amount of every waking hour curating an image of gifted genius entrepreneur who can literally do anything he sets his mind to. He also has a penchant for making declarations and goals for Tesla which he perennially doesn't meet.

In recent times, he has enjoyed extraordinary growth funded by massive infusions of cash, all during a time when the cost of money has been rigged as near zero as one might ever see. These times are coming to an end and Musk has created a "reality" that Tesla is about to transition from big cash burner to big cash generator. Most of Wall Street and obviously many of his executive team don't believe the narrative (google departures from Tesla, be sure to add in his Chief Accounting Officer that left today, after 30 days on the job).

In the end, maybe Musk will once again prove everyone wrong. Maybe his bizarre behavior is just a game he is playing to heighten the joy of his most ardent supporters when he does "pull the bacon from the fire".

Time will tell. I sure am glad I am not on the Board at Tesla.

fiveoboy01, Rinspeed and Bruce M like this.
  15. Anon1

Anon1

I had never seen Musk in an interview, or actually speak at all, before watching that entire 2.5hr interview yesterday.

Two things that I'm now pretty sure about:
    1. Musk has some kind of brain abnormality that sets him apart from the vast majority of "normal" people. It could be something like Asperger syndrome or something similar that historically would have him being called an "eccentric" genius.

In that interview when he was busy thinking, formulating, and speaking a response to a question he was very subdued, looking down to the side, body still, and somewhat quiet. When he had nothing to do but listen to the interviewer his mind was itching for some action. He was fidgety, body jerks, fondling items on the table.

2. He might be a genius but he's more of the idea man. Repeatedly throughout the interview Rogan would ask "I don't know how you can do all of these things." like Musk is actually hands-on with everything. Musk would sheepishly shrug it off and at one point did finally mention something like "I have engineers." He goes to work with a grand scheme and has the experts run with it. It's likely his companies hardly change if he was to be forced out of the day to day operations.

16. bgirls

bgirls

I like the 420 stock buy back price and the weed smoking. How many investors are not seeing that?

17. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I would tend to agree. I have followed him very closely since I started sizing up the short side opportunity in Tesla a while back. When I really started to follow him, it dawned on me that while incredibly energetic and audacious, he is also many times full of baloney. The fact that the business media are a bunch of lazy sods, the baloney part usually gets buried.

I do think many times when he is being playful (like The Boring Company) and gets credited with brilliance for something he clearly doesn't see as special in any way, he doesn't do anything to dissuade the numb skulls in the business press. I think maybe he and his "engineers" have a good laugh about that stuff.

If you follow him closely it becomes crystal clear he willfully keeps every contributor in each of his enterprises as low a profile as he can. It is always about Musk, the guy is pathological in this respect. If you go to the SpaceX website and navigate to the "about us" stuff, only Musk's name is there, listed as Founder (no doubt true) and Lead Designer (right, sure, of course).

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit - Harry S. Truman.

There does appear to be a corollary to the above thought, it would appear maybe Musk is about to discover it. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    vikingsoftpaw and Bruce M like this.
  18. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

This ^

Musk does indeed have Aspergers.

19. holidaypf

holidaypf

I assume this and some more antics will follow until he drives the stock price down enough to regain control. If he's a democrat he should be safe from the SEC investigation.

20. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I have to think this was a very calculated stunt on his part. :dunno:

WeeWilly likes this.