Glock Talk banner

Issue with aftermarket barrel

472 12
I just got a IGB-Austria threaded barrel for my Gen5 G22. It drops in just fine but when i rack the slide its slightly out of battery. Its in battery enough to where i can dry fire it but like i said when i rack the slide it doesnt go all the way forward. Is this safe to shoot an maybe just needs to break in? Any help would be appreciated
Wood Tints and shades Gun accessory Recreation Gadget
Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Digital camera Reflex camera
Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Digital camera Reflex camera
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
A couple things.
#1 Their website says:
IGB Barrels are not a 1:1 copy of a Glock Barrel. In some configurations
the geometry is altered to enhance the movement of the slide and to support
a reliable bullet feed of the barrel.
#2 Their website says the Glock 22 barrels are for Gens 1-4. If your Glock 22 is a Gen 5 then that barrel is not made for your gun.

·
MacGyver
10,382 Posts
Also if i tried to install a gen4 barrel in a gen 5 u wouldnt even be able to lock the slide back since the lugs are different
I know that. I asked them if they could make me a barrel for my gen 5 which they did. Its not listed on their site
Have you called the company and asked them? Why are you asking here?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seems like it's a one off barrel considering they made it for you, I know Barsto offers Gen5 .40 barrels even if they are expensive.
It was a one-off. They also didnt even bother to test fire it or anything before sending it to me so i just returned it. Yea im not payin $300+ for a barrel. Dont want it that bad lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts