Isn't it Topton thats allmost here?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by lethal tupperwa, Aug 6, 2005.

1. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Yupper..the fella's further towards the equator are axious....I'm pre-registered and am going to make the 11 hour trip one way starting early that Friday morning.... ;f

3. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

I will be working along with Rich and Ken. We are hoping for a large turnout.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The range at Topton is one of the nicest on the GSSF circuit. Wish I could be there this year, but I'll be in Williamsburg, VA that weekend taking Karen back to William & Mary College.

5. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Take the time..

Yes, we will be there... Four of us from NJ. An easy ride for us this time. Three of us are the team Cliffside 496. Looking forward to seeing all the guys. I have never been to Topton, it just never worked out for me... See you soon and good luck...

6. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

This "old boy from Florida" will be there shooting Stockmaster, Unlimited and MajorSub.

See ya on the range,
    Bobby

7. SocomCen

SocomCen Millennium Member

I will be there shooting Master Stock, Unlimited and MajorSub.

8. on target

on target

Russ and I will be there, this is our 7th year and yes it is a very nice range

9. GJM89

GJM89

Will be there on Sun., Bobby, Don't I still owe you a Gottcha. ;Q ;Q ;Q

10. 171923

Live only about 2 hours out and have been wanting to try this for the last 2 years - I think I will register via fax tomorrow and plan on at least the sub-compact course.

11. GoGlock

GoGlock

I plan on attending.

I've not heard from Dave who organized the RO's last year. Anyone know if he needs help and/or how to contact him? Thanks.

Mark

12. 171923

I faxed my registration in today (8-12) - what type of confirmation should I receive?

13. Crowsfoot

Your fax machine prints out a fax recieved message and thats all it is...Bring your faxed info along to the match and don't forget to bring extra ammo. Maybe a side shoot...

14. 171923

Thanks Crowsfoot.

How do I get a chance to do the side shoot? Do you need to check in with someone in particular?

15. Crowsfoot

If the match has a side shoot you pay your couple of dollars and practice. It's a way to "warm up", and have extra fun. thats it...

16. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

You actually could shoot another (4) categories with the subcompact. One way to practice for the Particuliar category that you wish to score well in, is to register for other categories. You could shoot Unlimited, Stockmeister, Competition and Amateur Civilian or Guardian.I sign up for (4) now and hope that after(3) my fourth, Amateur Civilian, has warmed me up and all the kinks are gone. If you are going to play it's only another $25.00 per category to have more fun. ;f

17. 171923

Thanks for the tip! I'm already down for 2 but may take your advice and see about another one or two.

18. kilr318

kilr318

Hi Guys! Dave Miller from Topton, PA here. I picked up on the thread about the GSSF on August 20-21, and I want to let everyone know we're going to be ready. We could use some additional help during the event, but I have enough confirmed staff right now to make everything happen. We will have the covered firing positions as we always do so the rain and sun won't get in our way. The club kitchen will be open during normal hours (7AM to 1PM at least), and we will have water on the ranges for everyone too. I am hoping to earn at least 4 Glock pistol certificates through our entries, and plan to raffle 2 of them. The tickets will be $5 each, with only 100 sold per certificate to make the odds better. The remaining certificates would be assigned to the staff drawing for those who will be working the event. (If you want to work either or both days, email me at kilr318@comcast.net) If you want directions to the club, or more info about Topton Fish & Game, check out our website at https://www.toptonfga.org. I hope to see you all this weekend! Dave

19. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Dave Miller,
    Thanks for the update regarding the match. I'm looking forward to the trip. I have a question(suggestion).

At each match that I have attended this year, 7 so far, I have purchased a ticket from each club to help support them and to take a chance at winning a Glock. I have heard other shooters comment that they "use" to buy the raffle tickets but no one ever hears who wins the drawing. I, too, seem to wonder who wins, as well.

Suggestion: Perhaps posting the time of the drawings and posting the winning tickets on the forums, GT, Shooterslobby, etc. would help promote future drawings and inform everyone who had the lucky ticket.

Thanks,
    Bobby Carver

20. 171923

I thought I saw it in the rules last year but can't seem to find the reference - is it permissible to use G17 or G19 mags in my subcomact for the Amatuer Subcompact competition? I have a bunch of G17 10 rnd mags I would like to use.

Thanks.