close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ismi captured guide rods

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by shotgun_jimmy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. shotgun_jimmy

shotgun_jimmy

Hello there!! would any of you happen to know where in the Philippines I can get an ISMI captured guide rod and recoil spring for a glock 22? All I have found so far are the locally made steel guide rods and they are few and far between. Check them out on the net, they are pretty good!

2. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Dont think you can buy it in the Phils. Mine was bought by a friend online. Just dont get 20 lbs and above springs. Could damage your gun. Pls read my thread 'sos on glock 35.'

3. vega

vega

The 20 lb spring might not be the cause of your breech failure. Could be the striker hammering the empty breech face. It happened before with one or some BOGS.

vega

4. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Wala kang choice, you can only order them online. But do you really need to change?

Welcome to the BOG. :)

5. shotgun_jimmy

shotgun_jimmy

Thanks! Glad to be here. Actually, its more of a want than a need. But then, I have heard from several different people that it really improve the performance of the unit. Have you ever ordered any firearm parts before? Di kaya maipit sa customs yun?

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Sorry i can't answer your questions since it would be illegal to bring in gun parts into the Philippines. It is also not allowed to discuss illegal matters here in the forum.

7. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

anyway, ;F to the forum shotgun jimmy!

8. shotgun_jimmy

shotgun_jimmy

Actually, thats precisely what I wanted to find out. whether it was prohibited to bring in a part like that or not. I was not meaning to start up some sort of a subversive thread. I have ordered holsters and tactical lights before and didnt have too much of a problem. I guess because they are not gun parts per se. But I guess this issue is different.

9. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Technically its not prohibited to bring in gun parts. You just have to get an import license from the Phil. and export license from the country of origin. Baka abutin ka pa ng siyam-siyam. Not worth it!

Talk to users of locally made ones. Baka naman mahusay din.

10. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Vega, thanks for your analysis, you helped me view the problem in a different light. After carefull inspection of the damaged part, I'm more inclined to believe you: it was caused by the shoulder of the firing pin/striker hammering the inside of the breech facing the striker channel.

Another thing I want to determine: is this caused by dry firing w/ a snap cap/dummy round, w/o a snap cap, firing w/ live round, or a combination af all these?

Guess, I have to ammend some of my conclusions/recommendations in the other threads.

11. vega

vega

Can't you borrow a camera so you can post pics. Now that you mentioned that you use snap caps I'm having doubts.

vega