ISIS ambushes Russian marines

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by joereynaldo, Sep 26, 2015.

1. joereynaldo

joereynaldo

There's a report from the other side of the globe that ISIS ambushed a Russian marine patrol in Syria killing 8 and capturing 4. They have threatened to behead them and send the heads to Putin.

On the other hand, the Chinese carrier Liaoning has docked at a Syrian port. Its planes and some 1000 PLA marines are set to follow in the next few days.

Interesting developments, don't you think? with all these nations crowding in the Middle East conflict, can't we properly call it World War III?

NewWaveGuy and Paul53 like this.
  2. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

3. razumny

razumny

No, for a couple of reasons:

1: The theatre of operations is very localized, not even spanning an entire continent.
    2: The belligerents are IS/ISIS/Daesh versus ... well, just about everyone else.
    3: Everyone but IS/ISIS/Daesh are more or less agreed that they need to be rooted out.

In fact, I think that the fact that the Russians, Chinese, and NATO powers are all in agreement about the end goal (if not how to achieve it), this may well be a step towards world peace, or at least a less hostile world.

IndyGunFreak and Joe! like this.
  4. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Given my druthers, I wish we could sit this one out.

5. razumny

razumny

Looks to me like the NATO powers will limit their involvement to air support, while it will be Russian and Chinese boots on the ground. Time will tell, but I will admit to not feeling sanguine about the situation.

IndyGunFreak, TX OMFS and Paul53 like this.
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I hope Putin puts 100,000 boots on the ground in there and wipes out every last one. He can then move on to Iraq and Iran if he likes. If O won't do it let Russia (and now China apparently). There are already reports that Russia is flirting with moving into Iraq as Russian officers have been spotted in Baghdad. Putin gave O a chance to deal with this and finally has had enough.

This is not about oil anymore, it's about stopping genocidal maniacs. We should have left Saddam in power. Bush royally screwed the pooch on that, in retrospect.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    TBumps, mc1911, badge315 and 4 others like this.
  7. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Long term, I dont think anything good will come out of Russia taking its turn as regional cop. I also would not be the slightest surprised if Russia pulled off a false flag operation in order to escalate things.

That being said, the Russians are a lot less restrained when it comes to how they kill people. They will speak a language the people of that region understand.

8. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

They better coordinate the hell out of this. The last thing we need is friendly fire incidents.

Joe! likes this.
  9. Michael Rye

Michael Rye

Plus Russian and Chinese troops, not being bound by the types of rules our troops are, might be a lot more brutal in their methods. This could be a good thing, because brutality is all ISIS understands.

mj9mm, IndyGunFreak and stevelyn like this.
  10. The Viking

The Viking

The only that will come out of this is Russia allying itself with Iran and Iran trying to constitute the old Persian Empire and asserting a lot more influence in the area. Thank you so much Obama. So much for Obama's - Assad has to go BS.
    As far as constraints, the Russians exercise none. All you have to do is look at how they fought in Afghanistan:
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Great-Gamble-Soviet-Afghanistan/dp/0061143197

mc1911 likes this.
  11. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

So you think Russia and China are about stopping genocidal maniacs by supporting al-Asaad? WOW!!!!

I don't disagree about Saddam. Reagan empowered him with WMD to "stabilize" the ME and keep Iran in check. Bush 41 left him in power with the WMD the US gave him for the same reason after GWI. The whole mess is the fault of Bush 43.

It's not retrospective to say Bush screwed the pooch. It was known after GWI that Saddam "stabilized" the region. It was well stated by the Bush 41 administration that they left him there for that very reason. Bush 43 was just too stupid to know better.

mc1911, Rizzo and FLIPPER 348 like this.
  12. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

When you have a culture that has the men banging goats ad boys , you can't trust them with decisions on governance . No matter who fights in this area it won't be stable the only possible exception being scorched earth where the area is rendered uninhabitable

TX OMFS, cwsmith17, Bruce M and 2 others like this.
  13. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

No matter what anyone here thinks, ISIS is a global threat. They have millions of dollars a day in income, and can buy whatever weapons of war are available on the black market.

Yes, Putin is supporting Assasd, but since Obama refuses to let lose our dogs of war, he is helping the global cause.

Honestly, I think ya'll are missing the massive threat ISIS represents. And I truly hope that the entire world comes together to bring hell on earth to these **** sticks.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    badge315 and KWalrad like this.
  14. M&P15T

May God bless every fighting man that works, strives and sacrifices to shield the rest of the world to this truly frightening threat.

Heaven forbid that ISIS finally finds a universally accepted leader of the muslim world. Our best hope lies in the idea that islam continues to eat itself.

Oh, and **** barack hussein Obama.

mc1911, KWalrad, IndyGunFreak and 4 others like this.
  15. wingryder

wingryder

Yea, and honestly I don't WANT our current CINC sending troops into combat. He doesn't have the stones for it. He would end up getting our troops butchered as Clinton and Les Aspin did in Mogadishu.

16. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

End-times prophecy squaring up nicely...

17. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

well, if anyone has a leader strong enough to deal with isis its Russia, not us.

cwsmith17, stevelyn and wingryder like this.
  18. M&P15T

True dat.

One Mahdi. We are one Mahdi away.

IndyGunFreak likes this.
  19. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

This thing will last generations unless you eradicate them, not something any leader can do on their own.

mj9mm likes this.
  20. droidfire

droidfire

we had our chance. hugs and bribes didnt get very far. i am open to letting a heavier hand smack the problem.

Deltic, stevelyn and cowboywannabe like this.